Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Listen to Catholic students, stop firing gay teachers

Listen to Catholic students, stop firing gay teachers 

6:22 AM, EST:

As my biographical profile listed at the top of this Journal page, clearly shows, I was born Jewish.  I am not a Jew.  My religion in is much as I am a Jew by heritage.  But at the same time I have a mother, and adopted mother, who was Catholic.  And of course my father's sister, Helen Maschke Hannah was also a Catholic.  So while I grew up as a Jew.  I also grew up with a great deal of understanding and compassion for and appreciation for the Catholic, and/or Christian, perspective.

But that being said.  It's not my place to be telling the Catholics how they should in fact live their lives.  All I can do, philosophically, Lord, theologically, is to state what I understand and how I view things and then leave it at that.  At the same time, I just don't think it is fair for anyone to be victimized by what I considered to be antiquated dogmatic thinking.  Whether that antiquated dogmatic thinking has its origins in religion or politics.  I just don't think that human beings or any person, should never be victimized simply for the choices they make.  If in fact those choices are not harming anyone, including themselves.

So when you scrape away all of the antiquated dogmatic thinking regarding people's personal choices pursuant to how they live their life, for example, being gay.  When you scrape away all of the antiquated dogmatic thinking.  Would you have basically is various types of people being subjected to homophobia and racism and bigotry and prejudice, all on the basis of antiquated dogmatic thinking that is steeped in superstition and magical thinking, which produces racism and bigotry and a host of other very negative forms of behavior.

And these negative forms of behavior definitely have an impact.  This story is one example of where the negative impact is severe.  Teachers who have extremely good qualifications are being blacklisted because of a kind of witchhunt that the right-wing extremists whether they are Catholics or Christians are in fact subjecting people to.  And I don't think that's fair.

With all the trouble that our world is facing and with all of the anger and hatred in the world.  And with the environmental challenges that humans are facing.  I just don't think it is a very good idea for us to engage in all of this negative activity whereby people are being blacklisted and having their lives ruined on the basis of antiquated dogmatic thinking.  Thinking that produces nothing but racism and hatred and basically destroys lives.

Perhaps I'm feeling this way because I am part of one of the smallest minorities in the United States, which is, Sephardic Jews.  It doesn't matter.  I'm not writing specifically as a Sephardic Jew.  I'm writing is a human being.  I've had many friends over the years to have lost their jobs and been blacklisted because they were either Jewish or black American or Muslim or gay.  I've seen the damage that happens.  I've actually lost some friends who took their lives as a result of being subjected to this kind of ugly behavior.

That's why I am presenting this story.  And that's why I am hoping that you will support and sign this petition.

Thank you.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,