Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

System Update - Daily Life

9:57 PM, EST:

System Update:

Google Chrome :

Using Google Chrome as I said in my previous Journal entry was basically a nightmare.  At least the problems I was having with Google Chrome are consistent in that trying to do human rights work with Google Chrome is just not really very easy, when using, Dragon NaturallySpeaking .  And while Internet Explorer version 11, may in fact be industry compliant.  It is not really a very good browser for Windows 7.  Because, partially as a result of IE 11 being somewhat advanced.  A lot of the websites that you go to, at least for human rights, generally have some kind of HTML or XML issues, whereby the page is not displayed correctly.

Firefox :

So I have gone back to using Firefox, as I said in my previous Journal entry.  When I did.  I've found that the, webexo Trojan was present.  But it had been deactivated, inside Firefox.  So I'm thinking that either this particular type of adware or malware, is probably coming from my installation of Google Chrome.  So I ran the removal tool that I provided in the previous system update about this Trojan.  From what I can tell it may be a DLL file that is hiding in one of the directories for either Google Chrome or Firefox .  So I'm planning on looking at those directories sometime tomorrow morning.

I still have to accumulate or at least install, the various extensions to Firefox .  The, I need to have in order to have it be as functional as possible.  And again I will do that.  Probably in a few more hours after have a little more sleep.

It was finding this adware,webexp, that caused me to want to switch browsers in the first place.  Because I thought that this Trojan or adware/malware was in fact coming from Firefox.  That I don't really think that is the case.  However, I find it rather interesting that after I ran the removal tool, described in my earlier Journal entry, is that the only place it is still showing up is inside Firefox.  This leads me to believe that in one of the directories that Firefox uses, there may in fact be a DLL file that was missed by the removal tool.  Which is not a big deal.

And of course, as I've said before, Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.5, has a great deal more compatibility with Firefox they haven't it currently does with IE 11/Internet Explorer , or Google Chrome .

So that is the plan.  To outfit Firefox with the necessary extensions.  Then to find any remnants of this Trojan that may still be on my system.  Even though it's not really a Trojan.  It's more like just adware.  But as I said, it has been deactivated inside Firefox .  So I don't believe that finding the DLL file will really be that difficult.  And as I said, I will do that tomorrow morning when I finish installing the extensions for Firefox .

Daily Life:

I still have over 600 pieces of e-mail in my activism folder.  Plus, I then also have probably 400 pieces of e-mail in the other folders in my MS Outlook .  But I had to stop last night.  Because I was having low blood sugar issues.  And since my chemistry is still just a little bit off.  My plan is to go back to sleep for a few more hours.  Then I will of course get up and hit the ground running, completing what I have said above.

I actually should have everything completed by what I consider, the end of business tomorrow, which generally is about 5 PM.  So I will get everything done.  For those of you who are following my Journal not specifically on the basis of human rights, but because you actually sort of keep track of how I'm doing.  I'm fine.  My chemistry is basically solid.  But I'm still having slight low blood sugar issues.  Which is why I'm not going to do any work right now.  I'm just having a little juice.  I will probably be up sometime around 3 AM, or 4 AM.  Then I will get everything done.  The only thing I have to do tomorrow is the laundry.  Plus I have to mop the floor.  But that's because as I said before, one of my cats, Bilbo, who is actually 14 years old, is having bladder issues.  This of course makes sense.  Because at 14 years old.  He's actually over 90 years old.  So he's just like I said, having bladder issues, because not only of his age.  But also because he is a purebred.  So mopping the floor is just something that I do generally about once or twice a day.

I mean, the reality is that would Bilbo's bladder having issues.  It's probably only a matter of time before other things start failing.  Meaning, Bilbo probably isn't going to last a lot longer.  My thinking is that sometime during 2014, he will finally just not be able to keep going.  But I'm of course not sure of that.  But I do know a little about animals after having spent a lot of my life in the wilderness.  And of course having had cats.  Most of my life.  And unfortunately my arthritis in my hands prevents me from being able to do more hands on things with Bilbo.  So I just have to do the best I can.  And of course at the end of the month.  So everyone on fixed income is basically breathing fumes at this point.  And that's okay.  As I always say it doesn't matter how you get through the month.  All you have to do is get through.

My neighbors are all in the same boat.  And as tough as it is, we generally laugh about it.  But thank God the third is on this coming Friday.  And of course on the third I'm definitely not available because I'm out doing the shopping.  This month, however I will also not be available on the fourth.  Because my neighbors who are both somewhat disabled, don't really have the ability to get to some of the more less expensive stores to purchase the food they need for the month.  So, after I take care of the shopping for myself on the third.  I will then go out a second time on the fourth to do the shopping for them.  It's no big deal.  All the things I can do physically rather well at this point in my life, walking is one of those things that while I can't do very fast, I can still actually do.

In reality, most of the mail that I have been my activism folder, of the over 600 pieces of mail, is of course holiday mail.  So it's really not going to take me that long to pour through it tomorrow.  But as you get older.  That's one of the things you have to do.  You have to be incredibly honest with yourself about your own limitations.  Because if you're not, things just don't go well.

And of course this coming week.  It's supposed to be extremely cold.  But again, that's not really a big deal.  Because as I've explained in previous Journal entries, I spent a number of years in Denver, Colorado, and one of those years or actually a little over a year and a half, I spent outside in downtown Denver during the winter.  And of course during the summer as well, selling hot dogs.  I was actually running a hot dog stand.  So I got really used to incredibly cold temperatures.  But I've been used to that most of my life having spent about 10 years in Colorado going to school and living.  So this coming week really will not be written much of a problem.

Mostly I'm just having issues with the arthritis in my hands, which is making me have to make someone difficult choices about the kinds of programs I can use on my system, because I'm having to rely on Dragon NaturallySpeaking a lot more.  But as I've said.  I promised my darling Aileen.  I would keep going with our human rights efforts that she and I did shoulder to shoulder for 18 years and as I've explained I also promised you, meaning all of you, that I would continue no matter what.  And you can take that to the bank.

And that's about the heart of the matter.  Or actually what's going on.  So I'm going to put on a funny movie.  And then I will lean back and get a few hours of sleep.  Then I will get up and get it done.

Thank you very much for listening.

I'll write later.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,