Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

System Update - Daily Life

5:06 AM, EST:

System Update:

Windows 7:

As I've explained before I have been making some changes to my Journal.  One of those changes was that I am experimenting more with graphics that I'm creating and presenting from my android phone.  The two video recordings I recently did are examples of that new aspect that I'm attempting to bring to the Journal.

I have been testing my android phone with different applications because I'm making my android phone now more of an integral part of my online human rights activity.  So you can expect more photographs and more posts coming from my blogger application on my android phone.

For the record, my main news source online meeting with my desktop computer is CNN news.  And the main news source.  I'm using on my android phone is MSNBC news.  I've chosen both of these sources because they do have the legacy or the reputation for being the most fair-minded news services around, and that they attempt to be as impartial with the news as they possibly can.

Furthermore, I wanted to have two different news sources available to me for being able to generate news stories and human rights stories as they become available.  Online I also do use a few other political news feeds, as well as some governmental fees.  And online because of its compatibility I am using Feedly because of its compatibility with the old bull reader and Google services.

Browsers:

As I said before I have gone back to using the Google Chrome browser.  And the reason for that is because it is most consistent with all of the other Google services that I am of course using partially because of my android phone.  And while the compatibility between Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.5 and Google really is not that significant.  For the most part my Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 is able to take care of my entire Windows 7 desktop.  Of course with one of the exceptions being that it does not have 100% voice command synchronicity with Google Chrome.  But that's really not an issue because the Google Chrome browser is actually so very easy for being able to set up and to control, that it just makes more sense to use it as my browser because of its simplicity, in addition of course to its security and its speed.

Conclusions:

So basically I am making modifications to my desktop system.  In advance of the coming months.  When I will be changing some of the security protocols on my system.  Or at least some of the security elements.  And then because of course it is a new year.  I have been doing the same kind of thing with my android phone.

As far as security I am using the avast antivirus program, the free edition on my desktop computer.  And then I am using the paid version on my android phone.  In this way, I have them synchronicity between the security of my android phone with my desktop computer.

My plan for the day is to do petitions normally.  Although I do have to go out for a couple of items at the local store but that shouldn't take me more than about an hour.  So I will be moving forward and doing is my petitions is possible and I will be sharing a lot of those petitions here in my Journal along with the videos and other graphical information as pertinent.

Daily Life:

I'm sorry if those of you who read my Journal did not really like or enjoy my video but I thought that since I was upgrading the way in which I do my news stories and my human rights activities that you might actually enjoy seeing what I look like and hearing my voice with my appearance.

As I said, I will probably do more of those videos periodically because I really do feel that they are a good tool for use in my Journal and wishes my dropbox account.  It makes it really very easy to share that kind of information.  For that reason I will probably be terminating my account with my website service because I don't really believe I'm going to be constructing websites anymore.  My interest is more in doing the writing and the news stories and of course continuing my efforts in human rights.  So, I probably will terminate the website service that I have been paying for.

The reason he of course is because my dropbox account basically gives me all the functionality I will was using my website for.  So in that regard.  There may be one recording in my Journal that may no longer have a viable link but it was really only for a recording of a couple of songs that I sang one for my wife.  And of course one for my birth mother.  And those songs can then of course be put up again using dropbox because I do have that account and I have lots of space on drop box so that should not be a problem.

As I said, I will be going out later this morning for about an hour to pick up a few things I need to get through the month.  But other than that everything will move forward.  I have to say it took me the longest time to try and find exactly the type of content I wanted on my android phone because of course there is just a plethora of android applications available.  But I'm really not one for gaming or doing lots of games.  So the only game I really have on my android phone is a game of solitaire.  It's actually a collection of about 250 different types of card games, but the one I generally play of course is solitaire.

And I realize that a lot of people probably took exception to or at least had a certain degree of interest in my article regarding, or entitled, Humanity Makes Mistakes.  And I realize that it is incisive and possibly confrontational, but again that is the nature of human rights.  Because when you are involved in human rights that is part of what you have to do.  You have to be indecisive and you have to actually push the hot buttons of the people you are trying to reach your communicate with.

So I will be hitting the trail so to speak, sometime around noon and will probably work most of the day.  And because everything is working as well as it is.  Like I said, I will be able to actually move forward with the creation of these new stories like I want.  Which is something that I have been struggling with of course because of browser integration and because I am fairly limited due to arthritic issues of course.  And so as a result my Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech program really has to be the workhorse on my desktop computer.

The android phone is a lot easier.  I have redesigned, in a minor way, how I am sitting in my chair so that I have everything pretty much right in front of me and it's easier for me to use my keyboard and my mouse and to have access to what I consider, my second computer, which is of course, my android phone.

For anyone to think that the videos I put up were not genuine, that would be a mistake.  Because I don't really know how to imitate emotions.  I have always been and will always be a straight shooter.  So what you see is what you get.  So again I wasn't trying to be anything magnanimous or noteworthy even with my videos.  I was simply attempting to, which as I said, I will be doing in the future, to augment my Journal with video and graphical information.

It's still quite early.  It's actually only 5:24 AM.  So there's really no point in trying to, hit the trail, so to speak, right now.  Meaning I generally do my e-mails and petitions starting at about 9:30 AM.  And then I generally work usually until about 3 PM.  Or perhaps 4 PM.  I look at it pretty much just like anyone who would have a normal job.  Which I guess is sort of unfortunate.  Because it means that the human rights issues in the world are not getting any better they are actually becoming tougher.

But that, of course, gets into the entire other area of what I was trying to talk about in my two videos.  And as I said I will be doing more of that.  Now that I actually have everything fairly well organized.

So as I said, it's just going on toward 5:30 AM right now.  The weather in Cleveland today is actually fairly decent currently right now it's 30° and there is a prediction for 40% chance of snow showers.  But from what I'm looking at those are fairly light and not anything of any major accumulation.  So the temperatures this week are basically going to be rather higher.  At least until next Monday between now and over the weekend the temperatures are going to be in the 30s and 40s and then starting Monday, which is somewhat typical here in Cleveland the temperatures drop back into the 20s.  And having low teens for the night.  But again that's fairly typical of Cleveland at least as far as the temperature range.

Usually in Cleveland.  By this time of the year the lake, meaning Lake Erie, actually has frozen.  But that is something that has not happened as of yet and it didn't even happen last year at all which produced a number of lake effect storms all during the winter season.  But at least today.  And this week is going to be fairly much a bit warmer.  So like I said I will be going out and a couple of hours to pick up a few things and then I will hit the ground running.

The videos and all the things that I'm doing are actually just nothing more than examples of my attempt like I said to move this Journal forward as I am attempting to move forward in my own life.  And we will see how it goes.

I do want to thank everyone for the support and the readership that you are providing because it really does mean a lot.  And I always want you to know that.  So for now.  Like I said I am getting my morning started and then I will just move forward.

Thank you very much for listening.

I'll write later.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,