Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

System Update - Blogging, RSS Readers

10:28 AM, EST:

Well when I started earlier this morning, I had over 640 pieces of e-mail in my activism folder in MS Outlook.  I'm now down to about 325 pieces.  My voice is a little bit horse from of course, doing all the talking.  So I'm going to take a break for a couple of hours.  And then I will come back and hit the ground running.

Newsreaders:

When I went back to Firefox.  I decided to continue using FeedDemon for my newsreader.  One of the reasons is because it is independent of Firefox and therefore when Firefox is open it's not going to be continuing to use more memory like it would be doing if it had a built in newsreader.  The other reason is because FeedDemon is actually a very good program from the standpoint that it is written in such a way so that it would have and does have a very small system footprint.  Meaning it uses a rather small amount of memory and system resources, comparatively speaking.

Furthermore, FeedDemon also synchronized with Windows live writer.  Which means I can actually simply insert any of the news articles I might do inside FeedDemon into Windows live writer more easily than I could if I were using Firefox.  Although Firefox has made it incredibly easy to do that.  Again, my desire is not to have Firefox being overburdened some to the system.  Which normally does happen when you have a news reader or RSS reader incorporated into the browser.  Because it is not only doing your browsing but it is also updating all those feeds in the background.

So, that being said, I'm going to give my voice a rest.  And then I will come back in a few hours.

Thanks very much for listening.

I'll write later.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,