Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Dunkin' Donuts: Stop throwing leftovers in the trash

Dunkin' Donuts: Stop throwing leftovers in the trash 

3:32 PM, EST:

Believe it or not.  When I was 12 years old here in Cleveland, Ohio.  I was sitting with my father one time having lunch at a downtown restaurant.  Now by this time I obviously had seen the number of people around Cleveland who were either homeless or were very poor.  And I remember this conversation distinctly for some reason.  In any event, I was sitting with my father and his best friend and one of my best friends, Bernie Towell.  And I made the remark that I thought it was sort of foolish to not provide for conserving some of the leftover food from the kitchen so that actually could go out to those who were in need.  I think the idea may have come from my grandmother.

In any event, the reality is that a lot of restaurants and a lot of places that provide food have for many, many years done exactly this.  There are stories of this actually happening all through American history.  But when you consider how drastic things are these days with people all through the middle and lower class sectors being tremendously affected so horribly that they really don't have the food to eat.  It just doesn't make much sense to be simply throwing it away rather than trying to do the greater good.  Which would be to provide food that is left over in some way or another.  For those who are less fortunate.

So, I am urging you to please support and sign this petition.

Thank you.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,