Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

System Update: Dragon NaturallySpeaking

5:05 AM, EST:

This is really just a very small detail but actually something that really works rather well.  Realizing finally for whatever reason, that Dragon NaturallySpeaking has hotkeys.  It occurred to me that I might be able to program one of the keys of my mouse to be able to handle the turning on, and turning off of the microphone.  And that only so that it's just a little easier because my mouse is closer to where I'm sitting, then is my keyboard.

In this way.  Like I said I can turn the microphone on off with simply a click of my mouse.  And that seems to work really well.

Other than that Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 is having no problems whatsoever with Firefox.  Of course, the obvious workaround do with 11.5.  Meaning Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5, is that with Firefox you need to have the shockwave flash player turned off.  And the same is true for Thunderbird.

I have thought about going back to MS Outlook.  But I don't really think I want to do that.  Because I can use Thunderbird as a standalone e-mail program without having to have the calendar involved.  Unless there is some way to install MS Outlook without the calendar.  And as a matter of fact that something I'm going to look into.

I will do that now and then I will come back.

Stopping at 5:09 AM, EST.

8:06 AM, EST:

Well it actually took me that long to finish installing MS Outlook and making the modifications to the program that I needed to.  And so I basically have shifted my calendar back away from my android phone to MS Outlook.  Because it does have the ability, meaning MS Outlook has the ability, to be able to interface with Google calendar.  Meaning that I can make modifications to the calendar on my android phone, which will then make the modifications to Google calendar and because Google calendar is able to be synchronized with MS Outlook I am able then to have my calendar synchronized not only from Outlook on my desktop, but to my android phone in both directions.

Additionally, I'm able to use and information management program that really has more compatibility with Dragon NaturallySpeaking then does Thunderbird.

But as far as your browser even though I do like the new version of IE 11.  Firefox is still my first choice.  Because it really does have the better compatibility with Dragon NaturallySpeaking then of course Google Chrome.  And in many ways it uses a lot more functional on most of the websites or at least a number of the websites then is IE 11.  Additionally of course IE 11 with its newsreader does have a slight issue of being able to recognize certain types of news feeds, which generally other newsreaders will in fact recognize.

E-mail:

After having checked the incoming e-mail to my MS Outlook program.  I haven't really lost any e-mail.  So I am now going to be able to go forward and catch up and do all the news stories that need to be done.  So I'm basically back on schedule.

That being said, I will as I always say, write later.

I'll write later.

 

See Also:

The mind is like a book. Opened and much is learned. Closed and nothing is learned. (N. Maschke – 1994)

My Dell XPS 410 Computer Configuration:

  • Rating: 3.5 Windows Experience Index
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
  • Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable
  • System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Computer Further Reading:

  1. Windows Live Writer
  2. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 
  3. Hulu
  4. Netflix
  5. FastStone editor
  6. Logitech
  7. Windows 8 
  8. Windows 7 
  9. Windows Vista
  10. Windows XP
  11. IE 8 
  12. IE 9 
  13. IE 10
  14. Firefox
  15. Opera
  16. Google Chrome
  17. Safari 
  18. Thunderbird 
  19. Incredimail
  20. FeedReader
  21. FeedDemon
  22. Pidgin
  23. Yahoo Messenger
  24. Windows Live Messenger
  25. ICQ
  26. Active Desktop Calendar
  27. Trillian
  28. ITunes
  29. QuickTime
  30. Skinny Clock 
  31. CCleaner
  32. Revo 
  33. WiseCleaner
  34. AOL Messenger
  35. GoogleTalk
  36. Roboform
  37. Avast AntiVirus
  38. AVG
  39. MS Office
  40. MS Outlook
  41. Microsoft Security Essentials
  42. WiseCleaner
  43. Advanced System Care Professional
  44. RSS Bandit 
  45. Atomic Alarm Clock 
  46. Digsby
  47. FeedDemon 
  48. RSSOwl reader 
  49. MailStore
  50. JustCloud 
  51. winamp
  52. Screamer Radio
  53. Radio Tuna
  54. Meebo
  55. KeyScrambler
  56. Facebook
  57. Blogger
  58. Jango Radio
  59. Picasa
  60. WOT
  61. Zemanta
  62. Prio-Priority Saver 
  63. ISpy Free Surveillance Camera Software
  64. VLC Media Player
  65. PC World
  66. My Computer System
  67. Directory of Free Web Hosting sites
  68. Directory of Free blog services
  69. File A Better Business Bureau Complaint

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,