Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

System Update: Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Web Browsing

8:15 AM:

Web browsing:

Google chrome :

I went to using Google chrome, because Firefox was having some issues with some pages that are basically maintained or presented by Google.  Not all of of but a few.  However, trying to use Google chrome with my speech program became just way too difficult.  And because Firefox has, to a certain degree, issues with my version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking, which is version 10.  I then went back to using Internet Explorer.

It's not a big deal.  Actually Microsoft has been making a lot of security tape and other update modifications.  Not only to Windows 7, but to Internet Explorer  and so as a result.  IE 10 is actually working a lot better than it has before.

Besides Internet Explorer will directly interface with Windows live writer, which will make doing news articles a lot easier.  As I have said before, my favorite browser really is Firefox, but given the fact that for my system, Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10 actually is working better and is fitting in with my system, better.  It only makes sense that I use Internet Explorer.

As I've explained before, the new versions of Dragon NaturallySpeaking really are somewhat top-heavy one it comes to system resources and system memory.  But they are only that way, really with regard to computer systems that are not as diversified as mine is.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking :

The choice to go back and stay with this single sided headset has actually been the best choice I could have made.  Because it's working perfectly, and recognition is exactly where I need for it to be.  So things are working very well.

E-mail:

For my e-mail program I will be continuing to use Thunderbird .  It just makes sense to do so.  It works the best with my speech program, and it doesn't have all of the high and extra stuff that MS Outlook has which, for my purposes, makes MS Outlook.  Just really not that suitable.  It's just too much program for what I need.  So Thunderbird is were I'm going to be staying.

The only real problem with Firefox in actuality, was that it was having issues with regard to.  Of course, the flash player.  And it's just more of a problem.  Then I really would like.  I do like so much about it.  But for being easy to use.  At least with my speech program, Internet Explorer is actually the one program that works the best.  It has the highest degree of compatibility with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

Like I said, it actually as just about the same compatibility that Internet Explorer has with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  The only problem is the flash player.  Because I cannot have it activated, while I'm using Firefox.  Additionally, Firefox has and always has had a rather delayed the first response.  Meaning that when you first open the browser you can take almost a minute or longer for the browser to open.  And that of course can, at least somewhat, be rather frustrating.  So again, while I do really love Firefox.  I have removed Firefox and Google chrome from the system and I am back to using IE 10.

I'll write later.

 

See Also:

The mind is like a book. Opened and much is learned. Closed and nothing is learned. (N. Maschke – 1994)

My Dell XPS 410 Computer Configuration:

  • Rating: 3.5 Windows Experience Index
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
  • Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable
  • System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Computer Further Reading:

  1. Windows Live Writer
  2. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 
  3. Hulu
  4. Netflix
  5. FastStone editor
  6. Logitech
  7. Windows 8 
  8. Windows 7 
  9. Windows Vista
  10. Windows XP
  11. IE 8 
  12. IE 9 
  13. IE 10
  14. Firefox
  15. Opera
  16. Google Chrome
  17. Safari 
  18. Thunderbird 
  19. Incredimail
  20. FeedReader
  21. FeedDemon
  22. Pidgin
  23. Yahoo Messenger
  24. Windows Live Messenger
  25. ICQ
  26. Active Desktop Calendar
  27. Trillian
  28. ITunes
  29. QuickTime
  30. Skinny Clock 
  31. CCleaner
  32. Revo 
  33. WiseCleaner
  34. AOL Messenger
  35. GoogleTalk
  36. Roboform
  37. Avast AntiVirus
  38. AVG
  39. MS Office
  40. MS Outlook
  41. Microsoft Security Essentials
  42. WiseCleaner
  43. Advanced System Care Professional
  44. RSS Bandit 
  45. Atomic Alarm Clock 
  46. Digsby
  47. FeedDemon
  48. MailStore
  49. JustCloud 
  50. winamp
  51. Screamer Radio
  52. Radio Tuna
  53. Meebo
  54. KeyScrambler
  55. Facebook
  56. Blogger
  57. Jango Radio
  58. Picasa
  59. WOT
  60. Zemanta
  61. Prio-Priority Saver 
  62. ISpy Free Surveillance Camera Software
  63. VLC Media Player
  64. PC World
  65. My Computer System
  66. Directory of Free Web Hosting sites
  67. Directory of Free blog services
  68. File A Better Business Bureau Complaint