Okay, let’s get to it. I thought that moving to Incredimail would be a good idea, and that it would be easy, and perhaps fun. It was none of those things.
1. There was a glitch where my old profile, that I had used since before Aileen died, had become corrupted over the year. (which makes sense). But….
2. I could not migrate the email from one ID to the other.
3. I had to set up a completely new ID.
4. Then I had to import all the messages from the old ID to the new one.
5. The import process did not work properly. Hence only 2/3 of the email transferred.
6. There is no backup feature for Incredimail
7. It costs about $30 for the program. Then it costs about $40 for the gold gallery for the stationary. Then it costs another $40 for the super pack animations for the program.
Over the years, Aileen and I had used Incredimail a lot. And so we bought lifetime licenses at one point. But, Then Incredimail came out with a new version. But in order to use that version you had to pay another $30 for the licensing fee. (my attitude. no way in hell).
So, until 6am this morning until just now when I began writing this report, I have been trying to get Incredimail to migrate, or import, the message from one ID to the new one so that the product would work right. Finally, Incredimail refused to even recognize the old ID’s mail folders. At which point I simply said (sort of out loud… “Enough of this happy horse shit!). And went back to using Thunderbird.
I tested Incredimail. The support was mediocre at best. And the work around to get what you need done is more of a monkey puzzle than anything useful. So….
1. I’m, as I have said, back to using Advanced System Care Professional with anti-virus. And now because Avast wants to charge money for their product on my android phone. I’m probably going to go with Advanced System Care Professional on my android phone as well.
Incredimail is yet another software “vampire” like Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Where we, the users, are put into the position where we need to spend so much time fixing or tweaking the product that we hardly have time to “use” the product, much less be able to get anything done.
So, I’m done with Incredimail.
I’m done with Dragon NaturallySpeaking
I’m done with Avast Anti-virus.
I’m done with all software vampire programs
I’m done with all socially vampire people. People who basically, just by interacting with them, or being their friend, pretty much drain you of everything, from your money to your time, and even your energy.
I’ll be writing later, once I finish cleaning out the system from Incredimail and the other junk I want and need to get rid of.