Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Friday, August 30, 2013

System Update: How Dragon NaturallySpeaking Ruined My Life!

7:48pm:

I just passed all of my fluids,while sitting in my chair. So naturally I had to clean myself up. And clean the chair. And that was just because the stupid program, Dragon NaturallySpeaking has been the worst nightmare I have ever had with any software package I’ve ever used. Here’s how today went.

In one day….

1. I had five system crashes

2. I had 4 program crashes

1 with Windows Live Writer 

2 With Thunderbird 

1 With Firefox

3. I had to restart my system 55 times

4. I had to reconfigure my system 8 times

5. I’ve been working on 100 pieces of email for the past 10 hours, and still have about 75 pieces left, because at one point Dragon NaturallySpeaking not only crashed Thunderbird. But it took Dragon NaturallySpeaking over 10 minutes to recognize the word “period” so that I could finish an email.

As a result, my friend who was once an associate of mine, made me cut up the Dragon disk, and then send them a photo of it to make sure I did cut up the disk. They said, in their opinion, that’s it not healthy for me to continue to use the program. Not only because my bladder let go while I was trying to do an email to a friend who is dying of Cancer. But because, on the phone, they were afraid that I was going to either have a stroke or a heart attack from the crap I have had to put up with from using that piece of crap Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

There are no words to even come close to how angry I am with the makers of that program. They “claim” that it will save you time. So far today, the Dragon NaturallySpeaking program “cost” me over 15 hours of production time. It destroyed five emails. It destroyed an important communication to a friend who is dying of cancer. It prevented me from being able to finish any of the work I had scheduled to do today. And it basically caused me so much stress that my bladder let go, resulting in my having to spend even more time to sanitize the chair in sleep and work in, just so I could go on with my work.

In short. I hate the program. I hate it so much that I’m not going to ever use any of their products ever again. Furthermore. I’m not ever going to talk about it, or recommend it to anyone ever. It’s the worst thing I have ever used in my life. And I’m not stupid. I’ve been around computers for a long time. And that’s the end of it. Here and now. That is the end.