Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Monday, August 12, 2013

System Update: Comprehensive

6:29 PM:

Dragon NaturallySpeaking:

If my hands did not have as much trouble as they do using the mouse and the keyboard, I would probably get rid of Dragon NaturallySpeaking today.  But the reality is that my hands do have a problem with the keys.  After using the keyboard for just about 50 years.  So I'm going to continue using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  But there are some things that I have discovered recently over the last 30 minutes, which I believe are important and noteworthy.

Ccleaner:

I always had the feeling ever since Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 9 that in fact, cleaning the temporary files was not a good idea because it would end up screwing up a lot of the temporary files.  The Dragon NaturallySpeaking needs in order to function properly.  This has proved true over the last 60 minutes because there was a problem with Dragon NaturallySpeaking and it was involving the temporary files, which Dragon NaturallySpeaking needs in order to function effectively.

Therefore, I don't think it is a good idea under any circumstances to be cleaning the temporary files.  If you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  Additionally, I don't think it is a good idea to be cleaning the registry.  If you have Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the system.  Those two things come to the service right off the bat.



Dropbox:

As I have found before which I keep for some reason, forgetting.  Dropbox really does have in fact a problem with running at the same time as Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  So it is my advice that if you have any of these cloud backup services that you do not have them running at the same time as Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  Because if you do, there will be to some extent them reissues.  Or at the very least file issues and the reason for that is very simple Dragon NaturallySpeaking is not only a speech program, but it is a file handler program as well.  Because it actually maintains control and manipulation over the file folders system of your operating system.  And that is basically the same thing that cloud services such as dropbox also do.  So it really is advisable not to have dropbox running or any of the cloud storage services running while at the same time you're using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

Unless, you have minimized any system impact by any of the other programs.  Meaning that you don't have any of the other programs running at the same time you really need to dedicate your resources when you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking at the same time as any of these cloud storage programs.

Atomic Alarm Clock:

As I have suspected atomic alarm clock is not the problem on the system.  The problem on the system was not only dropbox, but also the off-line blog editor I had been using, which was of course blogjet.  And blogjet is still a good program.  It's just that it is like most of these off-line editors.  And what I mean by that is that most of these off-line editors including Windows live writer and blogjet all take a large amount of system memory and system resources for them to run properly.  As much as I enjoy off-line blog editing the bottom line is that blogging on blogger actually works better if you use the online editor and the dictation box with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  You don't have to use the dictation box with blogger on the online editor.  You can of course add the word, click, to your command sequence so that you can then do direct dictation right into the text editing, widow of blogger.  I don't do that because I have a slight speech impediment which makes it a little more difficult for me to use that word, click, with my command sequence, so instead I use the dictation box.

So with that in mind, I'm back to doing my Journal entries through Firefox, keeping everything very centralized and very much minimal oriented.

As a matter of fact, I'm actually moving a lot of my HTML code to a notepad so that I can go ahead and simply bring that up without having to use a full-featured blog editor or HTML editor just to be able to transfer the blogging notations that I need to add for source notes.

To that end, what I have done is to as I said, move my blogging editing codes which are HTML codes.  And they represent basically my source notes that I include with Journal articles.  Since I have been writing websites in creating websites for over 30 years.  I have a certain degree of expertise when it comes to creating HTML language for source notes.  In that event, as I said, I have now moved those HTML codes to notepad, which takes up hardly any system resources are memory and thereby decreases the strain on the system.

Other programs:

The other programs that I have that I use.  I have actually gone ahead and basically turned off and will not even access the programs while I'm actually trying to get my work done, meaning my email and petitions and any of the news stories that I do.

Schedule:

But once again because of all sorts of system tweaks that I have had to do.  I did not really get very much of my work done today.  And tomorrow is going to be even a bit worse because I have to finish doing the painting of the outside of the house.  So it's basically catch as catch can.

In any event, I'm going to work for the next few hours clearing the email and catching up on that and perhaps try to take a look at the news to see of there's anything I can use in a journal article.

I am of course, including source notes regarding my computer system with this journal entry for your reference and your convenience.

  • Rating: 3.5 Windows Experience Index
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
  • Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable
  • System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Computer Further Reading:
  1. Windows Live Writer
  2. Hulu
  3. Netflix
  4. FastStone editor
  5. Logitech
  6. Windows 8
  7. Windows 7
  8. Windows Vista
  9. Windows XP
  10. IE 8
  11. IE 9
  12. IE 10
  13. Firefox
  14. Opera
  15. Google Chrome
  16. Safari
  17. Thunderbird
  18. Incredimail
  19. FeedReader
  20. FeedDemon
  21. Pidgin
  22. Yahoo Messenger
  23. Windows Live Messenger
  24. ICQ
  25. Active Desktop Calendar
  26. Trillian
  27. ITunes
  28. QuickTime
  29. CCleaner
  30. WiseCleaner
  31. AOL Messenger
  32. GoogleTalk
  33. Roboform
  34. Avast AntiVirus
  35. AVG
  36. MS Office
  37. MS Outlook
  38. Microsoft Security Essentials
  39. WiseCleaner
  40. Advanced System Care Professional
  41. RSS Bandit
  42. Atomic Alarm Clock
  43. Digsby
  44. FeedDemon
  45. MailStore
  46. JustCloud
  47. winamp
  48. Screamer Radio
  49. Radio Tuna
  50. Meebo
  51. KeyScrambler
  52. Facebook
  53. Blogger
  54. Jango Radio
  55. Picasa
  56. WOT
  57. Zemanta
  58. Prio-Priority Saver
  59. ISpy Free Surveillance Camera Software
  60. VLC Media Player
  61. PC World
  62. My Computer System
  63. Directory of Free Web Hosting sites
  64. Directory of Free blog services
  65. File A Better Business Bureau Complaint