Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Monday, August 26, 2013

System Update: Comprehensive

11:17pm:

Dragon NaturallySpeaking:

There are no words to express how fed up I am with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. There are no words to express how frigging angry I am with Dragon NaturallySpeaking for making their product so hard to use, and so incompatible with other programs. There are no words to express how I am so fed up with Dragon NaturallySpeaking taking so much for my “life time” that I have hardly been able to do a damn thing else in my life, other than to screw with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. In short, my advice to anyone who has any kind of complexities to their computer system, “DON’T USE DRAGON NATURALLYSPEAKING” . No matter what, don’t use the program. It’s crap!

 

Advanced System Care Professional:

I have gone back to using Advanced System Care Professional. I have so much to do trying to run this house, that I no longer have any time for time wasting software, or events, or people in my life. If someone wants to be a social vampire, they can basically screw off and go and find someone else to suck the life out of. And the same goes for programs. DNS 12 is one of those software vampires. It uses so much of the system resources and memory that it’s about as useful, to me, as as being dropped from a 10 story building!

With Advanced System Care Professional, I am “not” using or doing, the auto-care feature. This is because doing that when windows starts, making it harder for various programs to start. Such as Incredimail and Windows Live Writer.

My suggestion is, that unless you are in an environment where you are like trying to cheat on your wife or husband. Or your parents are extremists to the point where they have to control every thought you have. Or you are working for a piece of shit boss who has nothing better to do than to spy on you and try and make your life as fucking miserable as possible. There is no reason to use the auto-care feature. It’s designed to “hide” your online activity. And unless you are in some super private environment, using the auto-care feature is about as useful as going on a date with a hooker who has aids and flesh eating disease.

Ccleaner:

While everyone likes to rave about CCleaner. My experience with the newer versions of CCleaner has been, let’s say, one of the more notably worst experiences of my life. When you open the program to clean your system, it can take CCleaner up to 10 minutes to load to the point where you can clean your system. And that’s not efficient. That’s not fast. That’s not a time saver. That’s another software vampire trying to steal my time. So, it’s in the trash bin.

So, the only damn way I’m going to use CCleaner again is, “never”!

BlogJet:

While a good program. It has problems.

1. It was designed to work with Wordpress. Not with Blogger. But it works with Blogger, because I wrote to the maker of Blogjet and explained what if he wanted Blogjet to work with Blogger, he’d have to make some changes, regarding keystroking and the like. He made those changes. But there are aspects of the program that are not as stable as they should be. Certain HTML mark-up keystrokes can, and will, crash the program. Thereby erasing all the words for the article you have just finished.

2. There is no auto-recovery feature.

3. The sharing of pictures, at least on Blogger, relegates the user to having to use the Flickr service. And when my android is set up for Avast, there is just no way that I want to use Flickr when everything I have is tied into Blogger and Google.

Incredimail:

While buying this program can be a bit pricey (but no really). With the purchase price for the email program alone being $30. And then the gold gallery being another $30 to $40. And then the super pack being another $30 to $40, buying Incredimail can be a bit pricey. And no. It does not have  a very good IMAP process or capability. But all in all, it’s a good basic email program and one that can make email a bit more enjoyable.

For the email-addicts in the crowd who get perhaps over 500 pieces of email per day. I would recommend Thunderbird or MS Outlook. For those of us who get, on average about 200 to 300 pieces of mail per day, Incredimail is just about right. However, that being said, I don’t suggest that you “keep” all of your email. Not unless you have some fixation about wanting every single scrap of information that you can lay your hands on.

The backup feature for Incredimail is handled by the data transfer wizard. And is rather easy to use. However again, I would suggest that you only use the data transfer wizard to transfer the email folders of stuff you actually want to keep, like for me, my accounting folder where I keep all of my (of course) financial and accounting transactions, like my bank account, and on-line shopping activity. Because trying to use the data transfer wizard to transfer every single piece of email you get not only eats up most of the Incredimail processing. But takes long enough for you to go out on a date and to a movie. And that, to me, is another software vampire waiting to happen.

Conclusions:

This is the part of the story, of my life, ladies and gentlemen, where I take “back” my life. Okay.

1. I’m done with social vampires

2. I’m done with software vampires (meaning programs like Dragon NaturallySpeaking. That take so much of your life time that you basically have no life. )

3. I’ve got a lot to do on this house. And it will get done.

4. I’ve got a lot of stuff to do on-line with regards to my human rights work. And it will also get done.

4. I have a lot of correspondence to catch up on. And that also will get done.

5. I have a lot of research to finish. And it will also get done.

6. And regardless of how the software makes of the world want to keep on screwing up our computers, I will finally enjoy my computer, despite their efforts.

I’ll write later.