Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

System Update: Windows 7

It turns out that what I had previously suspected about some of the somewhat erratic behavior on the part of Internet Explorer version 10 was incorrect.  Because it turns out that the real issue was with the software that runs one of my two camera surveillance systems.  And from the way that my mouse is now behaving with this latest update to that camera software, my gut feeling is that the issue was probably in one of the shared DLL files or one of the common DLL files that is cooperatively shared between Internet Explorer and my TV software and of course the camera surveillance software.

Because another thing that had been happening for several months were that my mouse buttons were actually behaving irregularly.  Whereby a single click will actually produce multiple clicks.  And that I believed, and rightly so, was as a result of some type of video software issue.  And originally I thought it was with the mouse drivers pursuant to some of the changes I had made on my system.  But it of course has now turned out that it was actually the software driving one of my camera security systems.  And again, my gut feeling is from knowing how the different software on computers interrelates.  Is that it's probably in one of the DLL files for the security camera software that may have been defined in such a way whereby, as a result, when certain other programs were in fact running there would be some erratic or regular behavior.  Which then in one way or another, would produce a certain degree of acceleration in the system.  In addition to abnormal behavior by the various programs using those common DLL files.

As a result, I have reset the folder options on my system to the double-click mode and also gone back into Internet explorer and made the modifications in the advanced tab.  Whereby I can have a little more sophisticated control over Internet Explorer.  Because now the newest version of this software for this one of the two security camera systems is actually a great deal more stable.  While at the same time its footprint, meaning the amount of resources and memory it uses while it's actually running has in fact been modified.  Whereby, as a result, it's having a much smaller footprint, as I just said.

Conclusions:

That's basically how things happen with computers.  You look for all of the obvious elements pursuant to anyone condition.  Then you simply deal with each element in order to target down your focus on what actually may be the center of whatever issue you are either attempting to improve or to modify.

So this is a good thing.