Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Daily Life

Personal health:

I'm sure that almost everyone in the world who has any kind of attention span has heard of and knows about to some degree or another.  The condition of PTSD or posttraumatic stress disorder.  It's just everyone should already know a good bit about the condition.  The reason I say that of course is because there are literally millions of veterans who have come back from their wonderful service and they have become damaged to one point or another with various forms of PTSD.  Not to mention the tremendous amount of private citizens in one way or another who have been exposed to various forms of trauma that are also dealing with the condition.

And that's really not my point.  Because my point is not that there are a lot of people that are suffering with it, but to address my own particular situation as to how I'm doing with certain things.  For example, when I have severe nightmares like I did last night which absolutely are as a result of one form of PTSD or another.  It can take me almost 2 days to regain complete balance.  Although I'm about 90% of the way there right now.  And the only reason that is the case is because I have been dealing with it for so long.  But that is the reason I have not done any news stories today because a PTSD episode or a series of PTSD nightmares is very similar to an earthquake.  Although nowhere near as physically dramatic.  However, some PTSD episodes do end up being quite physically visible as a result of different types of behavior that take place.

For me, it was nothing more than a certain amount of being unsettled not very focused.  So some of today has been of course spent working.  Because I did my email and petitions.  Then there are been other things I've been trying to take care of and so I did not get to the news stories like I wanted to.  But it's not like I'm under some kind of professional timetable because I'm not.  And of course, while there may be a great number of people reading my articles.  I'm really not some major figure in this world.  I'm an older man who has been writing since childhood, and who, over a number of years, simply sort of got pretty good at writing.  And I've seen a lot of things in life.  So I sort of have a different kind of perspective of what I see taking place, then perhaps others might.  But again, I'm just one single voice in the world, not very substantial by any means.

So the upshot is that I am a great deal more settled.  I have a few household chores to do I have some scheduling updates to make and then I'm going to have a nice dinner of I hamburger patty and some vegetables and perhaps a cup of milk with some cranberry juice for the evening and some water.

Tomorrow I have rather boring but necessary household chores to take care of.  And life will go on.  I will say this.  That I am absolutely overjoyed that the high heat has finally gone away.  Even though I have air conditioning.  It was a lot more then I would have preferred.  It was quite intolerable.  Which is why I can't even imagine how some of the brilliant and wonderful people in our country or around the world in North America who may not have any air-conditioning at all were dealing with the heat from these last few days.  I just hope and pray they are okay.

Anyhow, I am probably going to do a little bit of weight training with my 20 pound barbell and then, of course, have dinner and then tried to get some sleep tonight.  Whereby, I'm not.  Hopefully not going to have a repeat of last night where I basically felt I was being thrown off a tall building.

I will of course.  Probably write tomorrow.  I don't know if I'm going to write during the evening because I really am psychologically sort of exhausted but that's normal.  When you have a PTSD event that is absolutely and totally and completely normal.  It's just what happens.  And as I said, I'm sure everybody or at least most people the world know a great deal about posttraumatic stress disorder because it's a very pervasive mental disorder that takes place as a result of extreme trauma so if you're not sure how I am doing or what I went through just go there go to your own experience and you get an impression or at least an idea, but I'm a survivor and I keep going.  So that's what I'm going to do.

But I do need to eat and I definitely need to get some solid sleep.

I will of course as I said as I always do.  I will write later.