Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Daily Life: My New Haircut And My New Hat

I promised these two really nice guys, who just started this barbershop in my neighborhood this year, that I believed in them. So I told them that I would come in once a month, no matter what and be one of their regular customers. I told them that the first 18 months are the hardest for a new business. And I wanted to help them because it just made sense. So, every first Saturday, I walk down to their shop, on my way doing shopping and get a haircut. Their price is $15 for the haircut. So I always give them a $20 bill.

All I tell them when they cut my hair is, “just make it age appropriate”. I tell them to just make what you do fit my age.

So, this is my new haircut. And no. The pipe I’m smoking is the one I bought last month. But also, below my haircut is a picture of the new hat I bought for a dollar at this dollar store where I shop that’s about 1 1/2 miles away.

So first my haircut.

2013-07-06 20.38.27

And no. The pipe I’m smoking is one I bought from Amazon last month for about $12. It’s, I think made of Hickory, which is why it has sort of cracked. That’s why I wanted to spend a bit more this month to get this really nice bent that’s Briar. Briar just lasts longer and smokes better. Anyhow, the first thing I said when my friend the barber was done was. “hey cool! I look like a Marine!” And we both laughed. Because I was never able to serve in the armed services because of my spine. But I did try twice to enlist, during the Vietnam war because I wanted to stand up for my country. I was hoping to go in as a medic. But well. No big deal. Anyhow, that’s me.

Now, here’s the really cool hat I bought for a $1. Actually as I remember it. I think it cost my $6. But I wanted it because it’s the kind I always used to wear when I was out doing stuff, when I was at school. simple and basic.

Here’s my new hat.

CAM00035

But since it does not have a back brim. I’m definitely going to begin using sunscreen on my face and neck.

Now, the next time I go out shopping I’m going to take a picture of the cart that I pull fully loaded with me wearing one of the two backpacks that I bought so I could do my shopping. And I should be able to do that sometime in about 10 days or so.