Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Daily Life: My 20 Pound Dumbbell

This month, I bought this really nice briar pipe from Amazon, that cost me about $30. I was going to get a $20 pound dumbbell. But I thought I’d rather have the better pipe instead.  So this morning, after I had done my weight training with my 10 pound dumbbell. Well, of course I was like  out and around most of the day. But after I had rested. I thought it was a waste of time to do more 10 pound dumbbell sets. So, I wondered how I could make a 20 pound dumbbell.

Now let me warn you, it’s not like really neat and tidy looking. But it works. What I do, because my hands are rather large. Is that The end of the dumbbell with all the tape around it. It’s actually two 5 pound dumbbells, taped to a 10 pound dumbbell. So I grab with one hand, the end with all the tape around it. Then, sitting down, I rest my forearm against my leg and then do the forward curl. Like I said, I’ve done 15 so far. And he way that muscles work. I’ll now wait until tomorrow and then continue with 15 for about 5 or 6 days. Then move to 20. So here’s my rather unsightly creation of a 20 pound dumbbell. (please remember, that a lot of times in my life, when I was living in one state of the other. I sometimes, or more times than not, had to create stuff basically out of nothing. And duct tape. Well, for me, it’s just something that is one of the handiest things I use. So here it is.

 

2013-07-06 20.08.58

 

Like I said, my hands are rather large. When opened fully, my hands actually have a 180 degree spread. So, what I do, is I grab the dumbbell on the left side, where the tape is, but where there is a space between the two dumbbells. And then, once I have a good grip on it. I then gently rest my forearm on my leg. And with the opposing leg, I extend it slightly out in front of the one where the dumbbell is resting. Then, I sit as erect as I can, then doing the curl where I pull the 20 pound dumbbell up to my chest. And then of course lower it again. Like I said, I’m at 15 now. So, by sometime next week I should be up to about 25.