Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Daily Life: Exercise

I just graduated, in a manner of speaking.

20 pound barbell front curls: 15

Steel coil Hand Grips:

Coil Up: 110

Coil Down: 110

Diet:

Dinner:

1 hamburger patty with Mayonnaise containing Virgin Olive Oil

1 Cup of mixed fruit

1 cup of Cranberry Pomegranate juice

1 cup of 2% Milk

Weight: 182.00

I’m probably going to turn in, meaning lean back for some sleep at about 7:30pm or 8:00pm. Then, when the timer goes off at about Midnight or 1:00Am for me to dump the water overflow from the Air Conditioner, I may write a short “personal” journal entry, which of course goes under the “My Life” category.

I’m also planning up adding one of two journal entry listings to the link module on the face of the journal page.

Schedule:

Sunday, June 7, 2013

4:30am Get up and hit the ground running

4:35am morning coffee. Creamer, and 2 teaspoons of sugar.

4:45 am Vitamins

5:00am morning exercises (modified pushups, diagonal leg lifts and perhaps 10 deep knee bends.

5:15am Shave, weigh in

5:30am  Shower

6:15am Breakfast, one bowl of frosted flakes with 2% milk. Feed the cats their dry food for the day. Fill empty bottles of water, put in refrigerator for use.

Fill one side of the sink with hot water and soap for the daytime dishes to soak in for the day.

6:30am Meditation

8:00am Aileen’s morning kiss, and turn off the porch lights and set the security systems for daytime.

8:15am Barbell weight lifting, steel coil hand grip exercises.

9:00 am email/petitions

10:30am noonday meal, peanut butter and jam sandwich and 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of cranberry pomegranate juice.

11:00am vacuum the first floor, to get up any of the dirt and cat hair

12:00 (noon) mop the floor

1:00 pm laundry

1:30 pm Update the main physical files in the filing cabinet, merging older files into the archived files in the lower drawers (done every Sunday).

1:45pm Afternoon jazz, 1 cup of coffee, creamer and 2 teaspoons of sugar.

2:00 pm, News story research and generation, mixed with transferring the laundry to the drier)

3:00pm Midday meal, peanut butter on bread with 1 cup of milk.

4:00pm, General clean up putting the clothes away, and cleaning out the spare room on the first floor off the kitchen. Used as an equipment room and where my dresser and closet is.

5:30pm The cats get their wet cat food (once every other day)

5:45 pm general clean up of the pantry, where the cats well… never mind. I have a pair of heavy cotton gloves that I wear at all times while doing the cleanup. A habit I got into when I caregiving for Aileen, while she was dying of cancer. so that my physical hands never touch anything back where the cats go.

Once done, I then wash and sanitize my hands.

6:00pm Turn on the porch light and set the security systems for nighttime.

6:30pm do the days dishes clean the kitchen.

7:00pm. Nightcap. 1 cup of 2% milk. 1 cup of Cranberry Pomegranate juice, hamburger patty, with mayonnaise, 1 slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter.

7:30pm general clean up from dinner.

8:00pm, lights out, lean back, meditation, sleep….Setting timer for the air conditioner for 5 hours and 30 minutes to dump the water overflow.

8:30pm out of the night. Bedside, 1 cup of cranberry pomegranate juice, 1 16 ounce bottle of water.

I know. I know. My life is boring. That’s what Aileen tells me when she comes to me in my dreams. And the last time she said that was last week. to which I said. Look sweetie. You’re on that side of the veil. So, you can watch. you can observe. And you offer assistance. But if you want to shoot your mouth off about my life being boring. Well, no problem. Just get your rear over on this side of the veil and I’ll sit back and shoot off my mouth and you can do all this stuff.

To which she had no reply. And now just smirks at me. Probably thinking if she only could.

If my life really sounds boring. Well, for those who are reading this who were at college with me, or at SAS in Tucson. They can tell you, in 45 years, this part of my life hasn’t changed much. I’ve always been sort of boring. But, then Aileen is a Gemini. And trust me, being married to a Gemini is like being married to a 1000 different women at the same time. So, one of the things Aileen always liked about me was that I’m steady. Solid. And I just don’t change much.

She on the other hand, being a Gemini. Well, let’s just say, she can go into one room acting one way, and suddenly when she comes out, she’s well, just about anything. So she always said she wanted someone in her life who was steady. After a few years of marriage she said, that she meant steady. not like watching paint dry.

But the above is pretty much daily routine, with the exceptions of the weekly stuff, like laundry, mopping the floor and updating the files.

Anyhow, I’m late on the 5:45pm cleanup of the pantry. And today the cats have been rather excited that it was clean back there. That they have had a day long competition to see who could screw it up the most.

I keep telling them that if they keep on acting like idiots I’m going to some country where they be the guest of honor for dinner. To which they look at me with that special look, that basically says… ‘yeah right Bucko! Not in your wildest dreams.’

Well as they say… onwards… or sideways. Or … well, anything that works.

I’ll write later….