with the changes that Firefox is going through, all of which really are very good. I have made a few slight changes with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. One of which is to add the extra HTML command, the word, click, to executing any HTML links. This is because I'm using the blogger new post template for my Journal entries rather than to use any kind of blog editing program.
I mean, one of the issues that my speech program has deals with how Dragon NaturallySpeaking relates to and interacts with different programs on my computer system. So, those differences, plus the nature of my system as well, are what can cause some accuracy errors. Because in reality there's nothing wrong with the desktop microphone, as long as the recording environment is to a certain degree quiet.and I have been able to achieve that have by changing the way that the forced air heating goes into the two rooms at the front of the house. Because there's actually a heating vent right in the same room, where I am, which is a den.
So consequently getting my speech program to recognize the abnormalities of my voice. Sometimes becomes a bit of a challenge. Then of course with the peculiarities of my system, meaning my TV being built into my computer and my computer also being used for my home security system. All these things put even more requirements or limitations on my system whereby, for example, using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5, becomes basically impossible. Which is why I went back to Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10.5. Because it actually is more compatible with all of the various programs that I use on my system.
Then of course, I have over the last 24 hours changed microphones, which of course sets up a new learning curve. Because every time you change a dictation source, Dragon NaturallySpeaking actually sets up a kind of learning curve inside the program. Based on the new dictation source. Even though you may in fact be using a dictation source of a previously saved profile.
But I just did the automatic tuning and optimization for this desktop microphone and it's proving to be a good decision. Because my dictation is actually a lot more accurate. But again, because Firefox is actually changing in the way it is behaving as a Web browser, which as I said is a very good thing result is I've had to make some changes with how I execute Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
In any event as I'm watching all of this unfold.. It does seem to be modifications I just recently made are in fact working. And that the recognition accuracy is substantially improved. Thank God. It's really frustrating when I'm trying to talk and the opposite of what I'm trying to say comes out. For example, when I said, that while I was sitting in the office with Dr. Herndon and I looked over at my father. And he was sober, which is true, but I'm sober meaning serious and the next word came out as stoked. When in fact, I meant for it to be stoic.
But I believe that the reason that was happening was because I actually didn't need to run the automatic tuning and optimization, which I have not done. And which was probably an oversight on my part. Because now the accuracy is just exactly where I need for it to be because it is extremely accurate.
Thank you very much for listening.