Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

System Update: Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Sometimes I really feel like I'm standing on a train platform and that I'm so preoccupied with trying to find out when the next train is coming that the train actually goes by without me even noticing.  And the reason I say that is because, as I've said many times before.  A lot of times I do most of my processing in my brain about things that are working in the back of my mind that need to be resolved when I'm asleep.  Well, when I woke up this morning, just a few minutes ago actually about 50 min. ago, the first thought that came to my mind was that since I was using the headset microphone.  Because it would be easier on my voice and because I have actually changed my hairstyle where it would be more comfortable.  I then realized that I was basically being blown stupid, because I have two headset microphone devices.  And of the two the Koss headset microphone is actually far more accurate.

Not only that in reality the Koss headset microphone is truly the most accurate microphone I have ever used.  Since I have been using Dragon NaturallySpeaking which is over 10 years.  So that is what I have done.  I've retired the headset microphone from Logitech.  But did so only after I preserved its profile.  Like I always do.  And then because the Koss headset microphone profile was current to December 31, 2012.  I realized it was recent enough, whereby it would actually be able to be simply put back into Dragon NaturallySpeaking and it would work perfectly.  Which is exactly the case.

I realize I said I was not going to be doing any dictations.  Until probably this evening.  But because of this slight wrinkle in what I'm doing with my system.  I wanted to make sure I put this up in my Journal in case anyone is actually keeping track of the changes I go through with my system.

Now, in addition to the accuracy the other reason I'm using the Koss headset microphone is because I can wear it where the microphone is on the left side of my body.  Which means it then gives me the ability to use my right ear with my Bluetooth for my android phone.  Which I sometimes need to do for certain calls or if I'm in fact working during the day.  And I don't need to record a call.

In any event, like I said.  I have just a ton of stuff to do this morning.  So it's onward and upward.  And I will definitely it back to the Journal this afternoon after I have completed all this other stuff that just has to be done.

Thanks so very much for listening.