Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Friday, February 8, 2013

System Update: Comprehensive

Web Browsers:

Firefox:

I don't know what the problem is.  But Firefox is the only browser of all the browsers that has a problem with the flash player.  And thanks to the problem with the flash player I had to completely repair the Dragon NaturallySpeaking program.  Because Dragon NaturallySpeaking has a problem with the flash player.  And Firefox has a problem with the flash player is well.  And I don't know why.  It's no big deal.  Because I have permanently disabled the flash player on Firefox.  And I don't really care if I don't get to see some of the cute little videos.  Because I'm fed up with having to spend my production time during the day, such as it is, with chasing down the computer bugs that programmers just don't want to deal with.

My suggestion to anyone using the Dragon NaturallySpeaking program, if you are using Firefox.  I would suggest that you permanently disable the flash player in Firefox.  And if you really want to see any kind of shockwave flash what you should do is have the IE tab extension inside, Firefox for you to be able to do so.  Because that's the only way it's going to work.  Running flash player inside, Firefox if you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking is probably the worst idea in the world because it will only crashed the Dragon NaturallySpeaking program.

At least that has been my experience.  And going back to Internet Explorer is absolutely the worst idea in the world.  I don't care what the people at Microsoft might say about IE 9 or IE 10.  As far as I'm concerned.  Internet Explorer is the worst browser on the Internet.  It is absolutely not built for general users.  It was built for technical IT people.  It was not built for the average everyday user.  Because none of the adjustments that you need to make or can make inside Internet Explorer actually are set up by Howell the nomenclature and everything else.  And the terms not for the average user, but for the IT professional.

Which means every day users are never going to understand.  Which of those boxes to check off and which ones not to and which selections have to be made.  Because Microsoft doesn't like making things easy.  Microsoft is all about security and control.  Because they think that since they made the operating system.  They have a right to come into your home and tell you what to do with your machine.  And the only way I'm going to let them do that in my house is it they come to my home and murder me.  Because no one could tell me what to do with my own property.  Not one.  I spend my good hard money for it.

So as far as the flash player it is shut off.  And that is exactly the way it's going to stay.  I don't like Google Chrome.  It doesn't coincide or synchronize with my thinking.  That's just the long and the short of it.  And I am not going back to Internet Explorer.  Even if Microsoft basically shuts down my machine because if they do that.  I'll throw my machine into the damn trash and go back to my android phone where I don't have to play any of the stupid Microsoft, idiotic games.

The worst thing that ever happened the Microsoft was Steve Ballmer.  You can take that to the bank.  I've met morons like him before.  And I do mean he is a moron.  Because he doesn't value customers.  You can see it in everything he does.  Ballmer doesn't give a damn about customers.  Ballmer is just like Donald Trump.  Just like I have always said.  And those kind of bastards are a dime a dozen.  They go through life thinking they can get whatever they want.  Just because they have lots of money.  And Ballmer and Donald Trump are exactly the same kind of idiotic personalities.  They will use every bit of their money to get their way and they don't give a damn about what the customer wants because they don't give a damn about customers.  All they care about is getting their way.  Or are we forgetting, Windows and he, Windows 2000, and Windows Vista?  And are we forgetting that Steve Ballmer is the brainchild behind Windows 8?  What a good idea, not.  Introduce an operating system where you are basically going to force the consumer to go out and spend between three and $500 on extra equipment just to be able to use your operating system.  And then do so at a time when unemployment is basically skyrocketing.  And people are losing their homes.  If that isn't elitist then I don't know what is.  And it's also very selfish and self-serving.  It's not responding to what the customers want.

Every article I've seen for the past two years has said point blank Windows 7 is the new Windows XP.  And that Windows 7 is actually highly regarded and more highly regarded than almost any other operating system that has been created.  And in point.  It is.  The only part of Windows 7.  That is what I might call a weak link is the Windows experience index which I have just written about.

So there's no way I'm going to go back to Internet Explorer.  Hell will have to freeze over first.  It's no small wonder that Firefox is really more highly regarded by people who are creative.  Because when you analyze the use of browsers what you find is that technical people were computer geeks, generally like Google Chrome.  But creative people.  People who are creative with art and music and writing.  These people tend to use Firefox.  And the reason being is because Firefox is set up so that is more compatible and synchronized with the thinking of people who are creative.  Internet Explorer is set up basically to be the policeman of the Internet.  Internet Explorer is supposed to be the brute squad so to speak of the Internet.  Because if you want to go ahead and drive a tank in order to surf the Internet, what you should use is Internet Explorer.  Because Internet Explorer is basically an albatross.  It is a tank.  It's not a comfortable browser.  It has virtually no add-ons.  And it's security, is actually questionable.  And the only reason it has any kind of market penetration is because in business.  Most corporations and most business people generally want to have a browser that doesn't have a lot of add-ons.  They don't want a browser that's going to be very enjoyable.  They want a browser that's going to be no nonsense and do exactly what they wanted to do.  Which is to give great security and they don't really care about the quality of browsing as long as they get the security.  And that's exactly what.  Internet Explorer does.

And as far as Safari.  Well I'm sorry I'm not really impressed with Apple.  I never have been.  What Steve Jobs started as a good idea has turned out to be sort of more of a circus then any kind of serious competitor.  The iTunes product.  For example, is basically a joke.  There's hardly anything on iTunes that is free.  And in addition, iTunes is such a memory and system hog that it's basically not really worth using.  And if you don't believe me just read some of the technical papers on iTunes and you'll find that what I'm saying is exactly what they are saying.  ITunes is a memory hog and a system hog.  And that's all it is.  And everything on iTunes costs money.  If you don't have lots of money.  There's no reason to use iTunes because you can't get anything for free.  Everything has a charge.

What a great idea, not.  At a time when people are losing their homes.  At a time when people are having trouble staying in their homes.  At a time when there are millions who don't even have a home.  At a time when people are going hungry in the United States.  What a great idea, not.  To build the program where everything costs money.  And people wonder why people are going broke.  Not me.  I know exactly why.  Because people are getting trapped in a buying all these damn services, because most of these services cost so much money or perhaps not.  Maybe it's just that every single thing costs a little bit of money so that in order to get anything to work you got a shell out six and seven times the amount of money that you can get for the same amount of product from places like that flex.  Or hulu.

And the only reason Apple is doing so well is because there's all population of people who love Apple.  But I would hazard to say if you asked him about the accounting that they have to deal with with Apple.  They probably won't say they like the accounting very much.  Or need I remind everyone that when I was paying off Aileen's Apple Computer while she was dying, that the accounting people for Apple actually called or had their bill collecting service call while Aileen was in catastrophic liver failure and was going into coma.  And when I tried to explain to them that they were calling at an inopportune time.  Because Aileen was going into a liver, they basically said.  So what.

So I'm not very impressed with the accounting aspect of Apple.  If they don't have enough sensitivity to realize when it's inappropriate for them to be demanding money while someone is dying.  Then I wonder how they would feel if someone did that to them.

This is why I say very clearly, I really do understand why the desktop computer is dying out.  Because people are fed up with this kind of crap.  I can do more on my android phone that I can do with the computer anymore.  Everyone so hysterical about security.  Because we've got a group of idiots in this world, which is a rather large population, who have nothing better to do with their time than to go around trying to screw up everyone else's machine.  And on my android phone.  I found one of the best security programs out there on the market.  It's called NQ mobile security.  It costs about $10 a month as far as the subscription but it's one of the best programs out there.  It even has an anti-eavesdropping feature.

So like I say, if Microsoft doesn't put up and shut up pop take this damn computer and throw it into the Street and then they won't have me using any of their stupid bastard crappy programming ever again.  Because I use my android phone and tell Microsoft basically to go to blazes.  I'm fed up with Microsoft trying to screw up my day.  Just because they want what they want.  It's my machine.  I paid the money for this machine.  They didn't pay a dime for this machine.  I get.  They don't have a right to come into my home and tell me how to use my computer.  It's my computer.  I bought their software and I bought their software to run on my computer.  I didn't buy their software to cost me hours of production time.  Just because they're so hysterical about their stupid idiotic security.

So get my message Microsoft.  Either fix the Windows experience index and make it work right or I'm not going to use it.  And if you want push me around.  Go ahead and bring it on.  Because I'll go ahead and how shut down my system and go back to my android and tell you basically to go to hell and that's all that will happen.  You won't get what you want you won't push me around.  You won't tell me what to do.  Because it's my machine I paid the money you didn't pay a dime for my machine.  So don't tell me what to do with my property.

Like I've said, hate is a very strong word.  And I don't like using that word very often.  And I don't use it as far as people.  Because God made people.  God made human beings.  But God did make our choices.  So, Microsoft has made the free will choice that they are going to try and push Internet Explorer on the consumers.  When IE 9 is nothing more than a revamp of IE 6.  And to prove that all you have to do is take a hex reader.  And using a hex reader which reads the software code, you can see very clearly that IE 9 is nothing more than a ramped up remake of IE 6.  Because the same base code is right there.  So, Microsoft keeps coming out and saying it's a brand-new browser.  Well that's basically why.  For it to be a brand-new browser.  They would have to start with raw code and they have not done that.

That's one of the reasons I chose an android phone over the iPhone.  The iPhone may have all sorts of cute bells, whistles and chimes.  But if you drop the iPhone is pretty much broken.  If you drop an android phone once or twice and I don't mean severely.  But if you drop an android phone.  It generally works just fine.  It's more sturdy it's more durable.  And it has just as many of the bells, whistles and chimes.  And my android phone is protected by NQ Mobil Security.  And I've tried over 25 different security programs not only for the android phone.  But for the desktop computer.  I know just about everyone that's out there.  And when I say I've tried them.  I've tried every aspect of them.

So that's the way it's going to be.  If Microsoft wants to push me around, let's just see exactly what happens when they try.  Because as far as I'm concerned they got more to lose than I do.  Because of I take my machine and throw it into the Street I lose nothing.  I don't lose a damn thing.  What Microsoft loses is another customer.  And they are already not very well liked around the world.  They don't have a real great reputation anymore.  Thanks to good old Steve Ballmer.  What are ruthless mean-spirited self-serving selfish bastard.  And I don't mean his humanity.  God is the one who created that.  I mean the way he demonstrates his humanity by his personal choices.  And God had nothing to do with that.  He made those choices on his own.  He chose to be a ruthless bastard.  Just like he's trying to drive Microsoft into the ground.  Because like I said, Ballmer doesn't care about customers.  All he cares about is getting his way.  Which is why so many of the top programmers of already left Microsoft.  Because they don't want anything to do with him.  And I certainly understand that.  I've met idiots like him.  All my life.  People with lots of money who think they can just push everyone around.  Because I got so much money.

And that's what's sad about our world.  We've gotten so moneygrubbing these days.  We forgotten our own humanity.  And my experience is not uncommon.  You can go all through the city of Cleveland and you will find hundreds if not perhaps thousands of people in this city who are having computer problems.  And all of them are using Microsoft software.  So what does that tell you?

Now that I have finally finished getting some things off of my chest and have decided I'm not going to play Microsoft's stupid idiotic game regarding the Windows experience index.  They can take that part of Windows 7.  Like I said, and shove it up their ass.  Because I'm not going to play that game.  If they want to rate my machine they can do it just like any of the other software makers all over the world.  You can download almost any program and get an immediate update to that program.  You can even get your machine raided.  And it's done a hell of a lot easier than the Windows experience index.  So I wonder what was Microsoft thinking?  What were they trying to do?  Make things as difficult as possible?  Where they really just trying to screw with us users?

They may be able to push other people around.  But they're not can to push me around.  Not now.  Not ever.  If Microsoft wants me to play nice with them.  Then they can play nice with me.  They can fix the Windows experience index and make it easier for us users to use that aspect of the program or as far as I'm concerned I'm not going to use it.  Just like I'm not going to use Internet Explorer.  And I'm not going to buy into all of the Bullshit that they put out trying to make IE 9 like it is some godsend as far as a browser.  Because it is not.  It is an albatross.  It is hard as hell for the average user to use.  I know my way around.  Browsers.  I know the selections to make.  But IE 9 is not as stable as everyone makes it out to be.  Because it's just as temperamental as almost any other browser.  And of all three browsers the most stable one.  I have used over the last 20 years has been Firefox.

So what is that tell you?

So to get back to Firefox.  As I said, if you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  I would completely disable the shockwave flash player.  Because if you need to use it, you can add an add-on to Firefox for IE.  Because there are a number of IE tab add-on for Firefox at work just fine.  And when you access that at on inside, Firefox, it actually accesses the Internet Explorer engine which will then play the shockwave flash player independent of Firefox so that it does not interfere with the Dragon NaturallySpeaking program.  And that is exactly what I'm going to do and it is what I am recommending anyone who's using Dragon NaturallySpeaking do as well.  The technical notes coming from the good people at Dragon NaturallySpeaking are extremely clear.  It says very clearly that if you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with Firefox that you need to disabled the shockwave flash player.  So that the shockwave flash player will not corrupt or cause Dragon NaturallySpeaking to crash.  There are at least two different technical memos with the Dragon NaturallySpeaking people that I've seen on that subject.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking:

And I do intend on upgrading the Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 12.  But in my house, nothing comes easy.  In my house if I want something I have to just wait.  Because I don't get a lot of money every month.  And that's fine by me.  I'm grateful to God and I'm grateful to the United States and that's fine people in this country for passing the laws regarding Social Security where I am being given a very great favor and a very great kindness by the American government and the people in this country.  Because that's how I look at my Social Security.  So I don't squander my money.  And I don't waste my money.  And I try to work hard every day to earn that money even though I can't work for a living anymore.

So as far as Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 12.  I fully intend on upgrading to that wonderful version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  But I'm not good to be able to do so until April.  Because that's the only time I get a little extra money any time during the year.  And when that happens, I will upgrade to version 12.

So that's about the long and the short of it.  Needless to say I did not want my morning to start this way.  All I really wanted to do.  When I woke up was simply read the news.  But some mornings with the game is that go want.  Owning a personal desktop computer, it's just not that easy.  But that's okay.  I can take a number of hits and keep on standing.

So.  Just like this morning.  I'm brushing myself off and turning my back on the Windows experience index.  What an idiotic piece of programming.  And I just know how programmers thing.  I really do.  I already know their next move.  I started playing chess when I was seven years old.  Trust me.  I know their next move.  Their back come out and say that the Windows experience index is a real critical part of Windows 7.  Well no problem.  If it's so damn critical make it work better.  If it's so damn critical make it easier for we the users to be able to get it to work right.  And if you can't do that then why did she go ahead and redesigned Windows 7 so that it doesn't have to be so critical.  Unless Microsoft is all about ball busting.

So let's just get down to the nitty-gritty.  I bought my machine to use.  Not to waste my production time trying to kiss Microsoft's ass.  And if they think I'm glad to do that.  Then they are probably too stupid to read this Journal entry.

I will write later.

Thank you very much for listening.