Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

System Update: Comprehensive

Wow! It's been so long since I actually had control of my system, that  I had forgotten how well it actually runs. Which is of course the main reason that I bought the system in the first place.

Windows Live Writer:

I have not seen Windows Live Writer work so well since I have used it. Truly. Because I have never used Windows Live Writer without using it with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. And now, it all makes sense. The real problem on my system was the Dragon NaturallySpeaking program. Not anything else.

Windows 7:

Everything works better without Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the system. It's like a brand new system. It's running better than it ever has. Remarkable seems like a perfect word to use. It's clear to me now that Dragon NaturallySpeaking was truly screwing up everything on my system. So for the price of being able to not have to use the keyboard, I spent years of frustration. Lost production hours. Lost data. Hours of training and retraining. And for what? At this point I am no longer sure.

I am sure about one thing. I will never, unless I am totally paralyzed, use Dragon NaturallySpeaking on my system again. Never. It's not worth it. I have never used any program that caused as much trouble on a computer system like Dragon NaturallySpeaking did.

MS Outlook:

without Dragon NaturallySpeaking Outlook runs at least 5 times faster.

Windows Live Writer:

Without Dragon NaturallySpeaking Windows Live Writer runs at least 4 times faster.

Firefox:

Without Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the system, Firefox runs at least 3 to 4 times faster.

Everything runs faster. And more solid. It's amazing. I feel like I've just circled the globe or something. I can't believe how well everything is working.

I am now considering my use of Dragon NaturallySpeaking one of the lowest points in my life. And I feel like a huge sucker for being taken in by the promises that Dragon made, virtually "none" of which came true.

It's a brand new day and a brand new way of thinking and life.

Now, I can move forward. Truly... Now I can move forward....

Thanks so much for reading...

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,