Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Friday, January 11, 2013

System Update: Dragon NaturallySpeaking

I am no longer starting Dragon NaturallySpeaking with Windows startup.  And this is because I am doing more of my general news posting, using my android phone then I am my desktop computer.  So I am therefore, using Windows live writer for are mostly my personal Journal entries, and my system updates, in addition to those news stories that require more attention or more writing.  The problem of course is because Firefox still uses the Adobe flash player for most of the video presentations.  And yet the flash player, inside, Firefox, causes a definite problem for Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

And so, as a result, as I said, I am loading Dragon NaturallySpeaking separately after my Windows session begins.  But like I said, this is really the only way that it can be done.  Because Firefox still depends and relies upon using the Adobe flash player in such a way so that using the flash player, inside, Firefox ends up causing a rather disruptive problem for Dragon NaturallySpeaking .

It is my suggestion for anyone using Dragon NaturallySpeaking , whereby anyone needs to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking in place of using their keyboard or mouse.  That they in fact make sure that the default setting for Firefox is that in fact, the Adobe flash player is disabled.  Because otherwise Dragon NaturallySpeaking will end up crashing, if the Adobe flash player is the enabled, inside, Firefox .

The best way of handling this is to not have Dragon NaturallySpeaking loaded when Windows starts.  But in fact to have it ready to go with a taskbar icon.  And that way, the Firefox browser can be opened in order to make sure that the Adobe flash player is disabled.  Which will then in fact make the Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech program.  Of course work more effectively.

Windows Live Writer :

The other thing I have done used to no longer use the dictation box when I am writing inside Windows live writer .  And this is because without having MS Outlook loaded on my system, or running.  That Dragon NaturallySpeaking actually will work better with Windows live writer , to the point, where Dragon NaturallySpeaking does not need to use the dictation box, in order to do the dictations into Windows live writer .

These are just simply minor adjustments.  But they are adjustments that are necessary based on the changing nature of Firefox , and how Firefox relates to the Adobe flash player.

Windows 7 :

The other thing, as I have said before, is that it was advanced system care professional that actually caused a problem with my printer.  Because advanced system care professional basically reallocated the printing port, where my printer was located.  And this was evidently done, by advanced system care professional for the purposes of expediting my system.  But in doing that, advanced system care professional basically took my printer out of the network.  And I actually did not realize this until I was attempting to do some printing, whereby as a result, I needed for my printer to be correctly allocated to my network.

The fix for this was rather easy.  What I basically did was to simply reinstall my printer on my system.  And then I actually went into the printing ports where my system allocated different devices for use.  And I then found that the printer was actually allocated to the wrong printing port.  So all I did was to reallocate the printer to the correct printing port.  And as a result, my printer is now working.  Once again.

But this experience basically made me realize that advanced system care professional, while a very good program.  Actually it is not very effective.  If, you have Dragon NaturallySpeaking loaded on your system.  So under those circumstances, I recommend using the program, called, slim cleaner.  Because it actually works a lot better.

Conclusions:

The system is actually running a great deal better than it ever has.  And I'm actually getting a lot more done.  But I'm doing so as a result of relegating my system two different functions based strictly on what I need to get done every day.  This of course is because my system is not only used for computing.  But it is also used for my home entertainment or television system in addition to my home security system with my various security cameras.

And as I said, most of my news Journal entries are now being done using my android phone.  Rather than using Windows live writer .

Thank you very much for listening.

(For support and source documentation, and further reading, please see my "See Also:" section below.)

See Also:

The mind is like a book. Opened and much is learned. Closed and nothing is learned. (N. Maschke – 1994)

My Dell XPS 410 Computer Configuration:

  • Rating: 3.5 Windows Experience Index
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
  • Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable
  • System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Computer Further Reading:

  1. Windows Live Writer
  2. Hulu
  3. Netflix
  4. FastStone editor
  5. Logitech
  6. Windows 8
  7. Windows 7
  8. Windows Vista
  9. Windows XP
  10. IE 8
  11. IE 9
  12. IE 10
  13. Firefox
  14. Opera
  15. Google Chrome
  16. Safari
  17. Thunderbird
  18. Incredimail
  19. FeedReader
  20. FeedDemon
  21. Pidgin
  22. Yahoo Messenger
  23. Windows Live Messenger
  24. ICQ
  25. Active Desktop Calendar
  26. Trillian
  27. ITunes
  28. QuickTime
  29. CCleaner
  30. WiseCleaner
  31. AOL Messenger
  32. GoogleTalk
  33. Roboform
  34. Avast AntiVirus
  35. AVG
  36. MS Office
  37. MS Outlook
  38. Microsoft Security Essentials
  39. WiseCleaner
  40. Advanced System Care Professional
  41. RSS Bandit
  42. Atomic Alarm Clock
  43. Digsby
  44. FeedDemon
  45. MailStore
  46. JustCloud
  47. winamp
  48. Screamer Radio
  49. Radio Tuna
  50. Meebo
  51. KeyScrambler
  52. Facebook
  53. Blogger
  54. Jango Radio
  55. Picasa
  56. WOT
  57. Zemanta
  58. Prio-Priority Saver
  59. ISpy Free Surveillance Camera Software
  60. VLC Media Player
  61. PC World
  62. My Computer System
  63. Directory of Free Web Hosting sites
  64. Directory of Free blog services
  65. File A Better Business Bureau Complaint



Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,