Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Flu, and General Health

Now to begin with let me.  Please explain something so that everyone understands.  I am a first aid certified technician.  Meaning I am a first a person.  But it's important people understanding what first aid really means.  First aid means simply, to sustain and contain.  Meaning to sustain the condition.  And then to contain the body until medical help arrives.  However, people who are first aid actually do have a certain degree of medical training.  But we are not medical practitioners.  That is not what we are meant to do.  We are simply to sustain the condition and contain the body securely and safely until medical help arrives.

But with that understanding.  What I am sharing about my knowledge of the flu is simply what I have used for the past 45 years which has proven quite effective.

So to begin with, as I said in my earlier Journal entry, keeping the heat inside the home.  Should be comfortable.  But yet not to warm.  Because if it is too warm.  Then you are going to perspire too much because you will be perspiring as a result of it being warm and not as a result of any fever condition.  You may have.  So you want to keep the house warm but not overheated.

The other thing, is, and I'm saying this with a tremendous amount of caution.  It has been shown in a number of different medical studies, that beer and wine actually have a positive effect on the human physiology with regard to a number of different circumstances that our bodies experience.  So, with regard to the flu.  I have found having one bottle of beer perhaps every 36 hours or every 48 hours actually puts a little bit of alcohol, from the beer or the wine into your system which actually is rather assistive to a certain degree.  However, minor or significant.  Whereby as a result, the alcohol is helping your body to fight some of the flu.

This is not to be considered as me saying to you, the reader, that you should go out and buy a 12 pack of beer and pound down as many beers you can because that's not the message I'm sending.  I'm saying.  If you have the flu.  Having a bottle of beer every couple of days with a little bit of extra alcohol into your system from the beer which actually can be assistive in helping to fight the flu.  But that's all I would do.  I wouldn't do more than one bottle of beer every couple of days.  Because having the flu is not a licensed to get drunk.

I'm not going to even discuss flu shots.  Because I am not knowledgeable enough to talk about them.  And as far as flu shots.  I would recommend everyone go to web M.D., or some other reliable medical provider in order to get the knowledge you need regarding flu shots.  I have never chosen to have a flu shot.  Because with the nerve damage I have in my body and all of the rather specific conditions I have to do with.  Flu shots generally don't that very well on me.  And my darling Aileen never chose to have flu shots.  But that was because she had no gallbladder as a result of it being removed when she was a child.  So, under those circumstances, flu shot.  Also in her case really wouldn't be as effective as for other people.

But the key to really fighting the flu.  It was lots of liquids.  Right now.  I have a large glass of water and a cup of tea.  And I am having a bottle of beer.  And in my home which has actually know insulation.  And the temperature right now.  Outside is only 18°.  So right now.  I have my thermostat, set on 72°.  And the way my thermostat works is that when I set my thermostat on 72.  The heat will continue until the temperature reaches 73.  And then it will shut off.  And 73° with the way that my furnace, which is a 90% efficient furnace.  73° actually really keeps the home area warm.  But not warm enough for me not to have to wear a sweater.  But warm enough so that if I wear a sweater.  I'm not going to overheat.

The other thing you can do, which I have found tremendously beneficial.  According to a lot of the medical research I've done, it has been talked about how one of the ways that flu is transmitted is through the tear ducks in the eyes.  Now what I have found to be rather effective.  Is that I take up very little tiny bit of hand sanitizer and I gently swipe a little bit of that hand sanitizer on my eyelids.  Now what this does is it actually puts a very tiny bit of the hand sanitizer on the islands which eventually makes its way down into the tear ducts.  And because my hand sanitizer is antibacterial.  It actually sort of cleans out your I and gets rid of any kind of contagion that maybe in your eyes, such as flu.  It doesn't get rid of it completely.  But it in fact does minimize the potentiality of the flu affecting you.

And of course the other thing, I always use hand sanitizer's all overlaps.  Because there is just a lot of contagion in the world anymore.

And actually I took my first dose of Robitussin when I wrote the previous Journal entry or a Journal entry I wrote a couple of entries ago.  And I can already feel the decongestant beginning to work on my head cold.  So that's a good thing.

The other thing is that when you are dealing with this kind of flu and I know this is incredibly difficult for anyone who is working for a living to do.  But it's really sort of important to remove as much stress from your life as possible.  Because the stress will actually promote more of a problem physically would dealing with the flu.  There was actually a time many years ago.  Back in 1975.  When I was at one point beginning to work in the eastern United States as a communications and financial Apple's.  That I actually got the flu, where I was working.  And it actually became so serious that I evidently had a kind of walking pneumonia for almost 3 months.  I remember those months very clearly.  They were some of the worst months I ever had while I was working.  It was absolutely awful.  The only other time I had something that serious happened to me was when I was in college the very first year attending college in during the Colorado.  I got the flu during the Thanksgiving holiday.

And when I got back to school, it took me almost 3 1/2 months to get rid of the flu.  And that's when I actually discovered the value of Robitussin.  Because it was the only thing that actually worked at clearing up the symptoms.  You don't even want to know how I felt.  It was a joke.  Trust me it was the worst time of my life.  Other than of course going through the operation.  Because of course the operation was just insane.

But having the flu for almost 3 months.  Based on the fact that my left lung doesn't work very well.  I have to tell you, it was absolutely unbearable.  And in reality I don't even know how I survived.  I really don't.  One friend of mine who is a nurse practitioner at the time, basically said that because of how bad I had the flu and because it was developing into walking pneumonia that I actually should not have been able to survive.  But that's another story.

The point is, you have to take it seriously.  You really do.  And I can not recommend enough web M.D.  I just can't.  The people at web M.D. are really absolutely top drawer when it comes to medical information and diagnosis.  They really are.  They are just the absolute top drawer.  So what I'm saying, is if you have any kind of questions regarding anything medical.  I would definitely first consult web M.D., or some similar medical information service on the Internet.  Think in terms of reliable.  Because that's what you really want.  You don't want any cockamamie home remedies.  Which you want to stuff that actually works.  That's why I say, that what I'm doing to fight the flu is just simply what has worked for me for the last 45 years or to.  But I didn't learn this overnight.  Like I said, the first time I really had the flu the most seriously was when I was in school in my first year of college in 1972.  And I can tell you with absolute certainty.  I sure the hell didn't think I was going to survive.

I mean, I have felt really lousy in my life.  But when I had the flu.  That year in 1972.  I don't think I ever felt as bad as I did then.  I mean it was one hell of a ride.

I do have to go out tomorrow, I think.  And if not tomorrow then definitely on January 2 in order to be able to pick up a few things for the house until I go shopping on January 5.

So in any event, that's basically what I wanted to share in addition to what I have already put up regarding the flu.  There are a certain number of people of course, who died every year from having the flu.  And again, generally that is as a result of a huge amount of individual factors.  Nobody is exactly like everyone else.  And yet we all have the same physiology.  But we all respond differently to different conditions that we are faced with especially the flu.  So, the flu is really more dangerous to young children and infants, as well as senior citizens.  Like me.  Except I'm really sort of inventive and tough.  I never give up.  No way.  If there is a way to keep going.  I just do.

And I am rather tired.  Not exhaustive but rather tired.  So I didn't do the laundry today I did mop the floor today because that's the other thing you don't want to do.  When you have a head cold or the flu you do not want to oversee.  Because if you do you run the risk of developing a chill.  And that's not a good thing.  Because it's not going to make you more likely to be infected.  But if you have the flu and you actually allow your body to oversee.  You are taking a huge amount of energy away from the rest of your body that your body is used to fight the flu.  So you really don't want to be bouncing around doing all sorts of activities.  Because you not only using calories that your body needs to fight the flu.  But you are running the risk of overheating which will make it harder for your body to fight the flu.

Cooking the body, so to speak is where you get under the covers and you wear something warm and you try to make yourself sweat as normally as possible.  As a result of simply being bundled up.  So that you are not sweating as a result of the temperature in the room.  But that you are sweating because you are bundled up which then is actually promoting excretions through the skin.  So that what actually happens is that you are also getting rid of some of the toxins of the flu.  That way, just as you are.  When you are flushing your body liquids.

It's all about being smart.  Using everything you possibly have inside of your mind and inside of your living experience in your ability to do research in order to be able to have better control over your life and to live your life as effectively as possible.  That's what's necessary.  That's one of the ways you get through.

But as I said, I'm getting extremely tired.  And my joints are all swollen.  Every one of them.  This will.  It's not so much that they are painful as much as it's just really very strange.  Because my fingers look fat.  Which is generally never the case.  Because I have really long fingers.  People say that I should have been a musician playing candle because my hands are so large.  But, so what.  No big deal.  It is however, like I said, rather strange.  See my hands swollen like they are.  But I also note, that this is happening as a result of the weather conditions going on in the Cleveland area right now.  Which is normal for this time of year.  Every year at this time.  The flu comes in Cleveland.  Everyone gets sick.  And then after about two or three weeks.  Everyone has lost a certain amount of weight and everyone is a little bit weaker because of the flu.  Most people aren't really feeling really great.  As far as the stomach goes.  But we all get through it.  That's the key.  We all get through it.

And I do have more to talk about with regard to Claude and Evelyn.  But because I'm becoming a bit lightheaded right now.  I'm just going to lean back and get some rest.  Because that's the other thing you have to do when you get the flu.  You have to rest.  Because you really do need to give your body as much energy as possible to fight the flu.

And I know there are some Burt they will wish you are so that I have not said thank you to as of yet.  And I will be saying thank you to all of you for your wonderful birthday wishes.  But probably not till tomorrow.  I really feel like someone threw me out of a 10 story window.  Which is sort of a good thing.  I mean if you got hit the ground.  Why hit the ground by being thrown out the one story or two story window.  If you're going to hit the ground hit the ground seriously.  I'm just kidding of course.

But actually do have to get some rest or I'm simply just going to fall apart.  And that can't happen.  There's too much going on.  I don't have any choice.  I have to keep going one way or the other.

So I will probably write later tonight.

Thank you very much for listening.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,