Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

System Update: Browsers, E-Mail, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Blogging, Personal

Browsers:

Internet Explorer ….

Going back to Internet Explorer proved to be the worst experience I could ever imagine.  It was slow and it was top-heavy the tabs don't really work very well with Dragon NaturallySpeaking  at least as a result of the compatibility update, which was applied last week.  So it really was mostly a total failure on my part for it I'm going back to using it.

Firefox ….

Firefox really is the only browser that seems to work with any kind of reliability on my system, especially with Dragon NaturallySpeaking .  It is so much more in line with my thinking.  So there is no way in the world I'm ever going to go back to Internet Explorer.  Additionally, there is a version of the IE tab add-on for Firefox it really does work very well with the way that Google is trying to screw up users by forcing users to either use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer in order to view their page on blogger effectively.

 

 

So consequently, with the IE tab add-on in Firefox I can do that without ever having to allocate Internet Explorer, on my system, with any kind of priority.  So, I have basically disallowed Internet Explorer on my system other than to be called the from the actual program file.  And that will work just perfectly.

E-mail:

MS Outlook ….

I could kick myself.  I don't know why the hell I went back to using MS Outlook.  It is so top heavy that using the program is ridiculous.  Because it takes up so much system resources and so much memory that trying to run it in the background is ridiculous.  So that is another thing I'm not going to be going back to.

The rest of the MS office suite is fairly doable.  It actually works fairly well.  At least on my system.  But there is no way in the world I want to go back to MS Outlook.  It is showing exclusionary and proprietary the trying to use the program.  Like I said is nothing but a huge nightmare.

Thunderbird ….

Thunderbird actually works very well.  It works perfectly.  I don't have a single problem with the program church and it works fine with Dragon NaturallySpeaking .  Plus it does not take up very much system memory or system resources.  So it is much more compatible with my system.  And a lot easier to use.  And what's more, is it is not top-heavy.  And that is something that is just incredibly important to me.

MS Outlook  is actually made for people who are extremely active and busy in the world.  And who are doing lots of different things.  I'm not.  I don't do hardly anything.  So there's no reason for me to have a program like MS Outlook.  Because I don't do anything.  I can barely get through the day, let alone do anything for anyone else.  All I can do is write.  And I don't even know if that is ever really doing any good.

Blogging:

Windows live writer ….

With the way that Google is trying to manipulate their website to making difficult or impossible for anyone who's using Firefox to actually use their website with any kind of effectiveness.  I don't really have any choice except to go back to using Windows live writer.  Which is what I'm doing.

Additionally, using Windows live writer allows me to notify Facebook  when I actually produce a Journal entry.  It also generates the tags automatically for me.  So that my account on Technorati can be notified.

And like I said, given the fact that Google is trying to make things as difficult as possible for people who use Firefox.  My attitude is, screw you Google.  Nothing personal here.  Because I do enjoy the blogger blogging service.  I do enjoy that.

Plus, blogger  is where I began my Journal, when my darling Aileen and I.  And I don't feel comfortable in changing blogging services.  I did that once when I went over to WordPress and it basically became a nightmare.  I got so many comments which were nothing but spam when I was on WordPress that trying to use WordPress was just like I said basically a nightmare.

So it's back to using Windows live writer.  Which is fine.  And I finally have my system back and running more normally.

Windows 7:

Obviously, since I'm not using MS Outlook .  I have gone back to using atomic alarm clock .  And again that's perfect.  I can actually see the screen.  Because that's something I had problems with.  When I was using MS Outlook.  Additionally, atomic alarm clock not only launches all my programs for me but it will also restart the system and do just about everything the task scheduler can do.  So consequently, I'm taking my system back.

Last.fm….

I still have not figured out the problem with last.fm.  But that does not mean.  I have given up.  Because I have not.  So, I will be doing some research on that over the next week or so.

Personal:

Obviously I'm feeling better.  Like I said before, when I started feeling really crummy like this, it generally only lasts a couple of days.

I still am getting out of breath.  And I am occasionally passing out.  But I'm certainly not going to worry about it.  I don't have the time.  And I don't really care.  I'm having enough trouble trying to continue to figure out why I should want to keep on living.  I know that I have to keep going.  I know I have to keep living.  That's part of the game.  I understand this very well.  I just don't know why I should.  Why I should want to keep on going.  I just don't really have a reason.  I'm not ever going to meet anyone again like my darling Aileen.  I will never meet another person who loves me as much as she does.  Never as long as I live.  She was the one single chance I had in my life to be blessed by God.  Really blessed.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that is exactly how I am looking at my darling Aileen and everything we had and what we have now.

My plan today, is to clean myself up and do my hair and put my face on and then I'm going to finally organize those files while I'm watching TV.  There's no point under any circumstances.  In my making anymore comments about the stupid Republicans.  But you never know.  I might actually do a Journal entry later after I finish getting the laundry done and taking care of all of the other household chores that need to be completed.

In any event, that is the way things are this morning.

I will of course write later.

Thank you very much for listening.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

 

    See Also:

    The mind is like a book. Opened and much is learned. Closed and nothing is learned. (N. Maschke – 1994)

My Dell XPS 410 Computer Configuration:

  • Rating: 3.5 Windows Experience Index
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
  • Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable
  • System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Computer Further Reading:

  1. Windows Live Writer
  2. Hulu
  3. Netflix
  4. FastStone editor
  5. Logitech
  6. Windows 8
  7. Windows 7
  8. Windows Vista
  9. Windows XP
  10. IE 8
  11. IE 9
  12. IE 10
  13. Firefox
  14. Opera
  15. Google Chrome
  16. Safari
  17. Thunderbird
  18. Incredimail
  19. FeedReader
  20. FeedDemon
  21. Pidgin
  22. Yahoo Messenger
  23. Windows Live Messenger
  24. ICQ
  25. Active Desktop Calendar
  26. Trillian
  27. ITunes
  28. QuickTime
  29. CCleaner
  30. WiseCleaner
  31. AOL Messenger
  32. GoogleTalk
  33. Roboform
  34. Avast AntiVirus
  35. AVG
  36. MS Office
  37. MS Outlook
  38. Microsoft Security Essentials
  39. WiseCleaner
  40. Advanced System Care Professional
  41. RSS Bandit
  42. Atomic Alarm Clock
  43. Digsby
  44. FeedDemon
  45. MailStore
  46. JustCloud
  47. winamp
  48. Screamer Radio
  49. Radio Tuna
  50. Meebo
  51. KeyScrambler
  52. Facebook
  53. Blogger
  54. Jango Radio
  55. Picasa
  56. WOT
  57. Zemanta
  58. Prio-Priority Saver
  59. ISpy Free Surveillance Camera Software
  60. VLC Media Player
  61. PC World
  62. My Computer System
  63. Directory of Free Web Hosting sites
  64. Directory of Free blog services
  65. File A Better Business Bureau Complaint