Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

System Update: Dragon NaturallySpeaking

 
Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Dragon NaturallySpeaking (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

I have had to go back to Internet Explorer.  But that's because the new release of Firefox has slight degree of less compatibility then does Internet Explorer.  Furthermore, I have had to simplify my system dramatically.  Dragon NaturallySpeaking  11.5 just takes up so many system resources and so much memory that I really have had to downsize a tremendous amount.  So now, my RSS reader is inside Internet Explorer.  And I have made the other appropriate modifications to my system.  In order to complete my downsize efforts.  I have gotten rid of all extraneous media players except for the one that is associated with iSpy and of course Windows media player

Advanced system care professional :

I would like to say that advanced system care professional has a certain degree of compatibility with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  But if I said that I would not be telling the truth.  Because it does not.  And I have become almost totally convinced that using any kind of registry cleaner or third-party temporary file cleaner with Dragon NaturallySpeaking is just a bad idea.  Every time I have tried to use one.  It has ended up causing me nothing but problems with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5.

That is not to say that Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 is a bad program.  Because I do not believe it is.  But at the same time, like I said, every time I have tried to run advanced system care professional at the same time, I have Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the system.  It has always proved to be a mistake.

Conclusions:

The reality is that over the last 48 hours, my right hand has basically degenerated slightly.  But only when attempting to use the mouse or the keyboard.  So now I'm really a lot more dependent on Dragon NaturallySpeaking never ever have been before.  Consequently, I have as I said redesigned my desktop and my taskbar and just about everything else in Windows 7 to accommodate Dragon NaturallySpeaking but this is simply what I have to do.  Because I cannot continue using the mouse for any length of time.  Because if and when I do.  I generally have a negative physical reaction throughout my hand.  So it's just the way things are.  The corded headset microphone is actually working fine.  And I have got my system set up so that as Windows 7 starts my microphone is already turned on and ready to run.  And the only program that starts up with my Windows 7 session is my MS Outlook.  Because that's running my schedule.

As a result, everything seems to be running very well.  And I don't believe I wanted to be making anymore system modifications anytime soon.  My plan is to purchase Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 12 as soon as my economics improve slightly.  And I know I can do that without too much trouble.  I have to admit to and adapt to the reality of my age.  And that does take a certain degree of adjustment.  But it's nothing I can't handle.  It's after all, it's just an adjustment.

Thank you very much for listening.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,