Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

System Update: Comprehensive

Windows Live Writer:

I finally got tired of using Windows live writer.  It doesn't really work very well with Firefox.  And it's much easier for me to do my news articles just by going to the online blogger page.  Besides, there are is an add-on that I'm using that automatically generates a news article for me in blogger.  So that of course makes it just a lot easier.

For the source notes that I'm known for, I will be including those.  Because I do have some saved in an HTML file.  And as a result there will be no problem in making sure I have everything I need.

The off-line editors just are not really that compatible with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  And they take up system memory and resources when I actually could be using those resources to help my system run better in addition to being able to keep my security camera on so that I can see who's at the door.  Plus of course the camera keeps the front door of my home secure.  And with the other four cameras I have around the property.  I feel fairly safe here.

In any event I will still be able to do source notes.  So don't worry about that.



Last.fm:

I terminated my subscription to last.fm because with the compatibility update that Microsoft sent through the desktop application for last.fm just is not working.  And I can't really go to the website.  Because it's dependent upon the shockwave flash player being able to play in order for it to function.  And I really don't want to turn on the flash player.  Because if I do that of course Dragon NaturallySpeaking will work with Firefox.

Plus, it's just another bill.  I might come back later, but for right now I'm going back to using screamer radio.

Firefox:

I stopped using the personas on Firefox.  And the reason is because the personas not only take up a certain amount of system resources and cause Firefox to run with a bit larger system impact.  But in addition to that they tend to make things a little more difficult for Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  So I simply gone to a static scene which is perfect.

Thunderbird:

I have to say that Thunderbird is a lot easier to use, in many ways then, MS Outlook.  Regardless of how compatible MS Outlook might be with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  Thunderbird is just a lot easier.  It's all menu control.  But it works perfectly.  And it doesn't have a calendar function unless you actually install one.  And that makes it just exactly what I'm looking for.  An e-mail program that doesn't do anything except e-mail.

That's about all I have at this point as far as what I've been doing with my system.  And that's probably a really good sign.  Because my system is running so well that I don't really have any major changes to make.  The only change I have made is going back to using the online log or post template rather than using an off-line editor.

Like I said, I just don't really see the value of using an off-line editor, especially when it is considered the Dragon NaturallySpeaking just doesn't really want to work very well with the off-line editors.  Which is okay.  It's just how things are.  If it isn't one thing it's another.  But that's the way computers are.

And as is customary, I am including source notes with this Journal entry.

Thank you very much for listening.


    The mind is like a book. Opened and much is learned. Closed and nothing is learned. (N. Maschke – 1994)
My Dell XPS 410 Computer Configuration:
  • Rating: 3.5 Windows Experience Index
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
  • Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable
  • System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Computer Further Reading:
  1. Windows Live Writer
  2. Hulu
  3. Netflix
  4. FastStone editor
  5. Logitech
  6. Windows 8
  7. Windows 7
  8. Windows Vista
  9. Windows XP
  10. IE 8
  11. IE 9
  12. IE 10
  13. Firefox
  14. Opera
  15. Google Chrome
  16. Safari
  17. Thunderbird
  18. Incredimail
  19. FeedReader
  20. FeedDemon
  21. Pidgin
  22. Yahoo Messenger
  23. Windows Live Messenger
  24. ICQ
  25. Active Desktop Calendar
  26. Trillian
  27. ITunes
  28. QuickTime
  29. CCleaner
  30. WiseCleaner
  31. AOL Messenger
  32. GoogleTalk
  33. Roboform
  34. Avast AntiVirus
  35. AVG
  36. MS Office
  37. MS Outlook
  38. Microsoft Security Essentials
  39. WiseCleaner
  40. Advanced System Care Professional
  41. RSS Bandit
  42. Atomic Alarm Clock
  43. Digsby
  44. FeedDemon
  45. MailStore
  46. JustCloud
  47. winamp
  48. Screamer Radio
  49. Radio Tuna
  50. Meebo
  51. KeyScrambler
  52. Facebook
  53. Blogger
  54. Jango Radio
  55. Picasa
  56. WOT
  57. Zemanta
  58. Prio-Priority Saver
  59. ISpy Free Surveillance Camera Software
  60. VLC Media Player
  61. PC World
  62. My Computer System
  63. Directory of Free Web Hosting sites
  64. Directory of Free blog services
  65. File A Better Business Bureau Complaint