Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Friday, November 16, 2012

System Update: Comprehensive

Windows 7:

As much as I say that is wrong with Microsoft, the other day Microsoft came through with almost 20 different updates.  And most of those updates were not having to do with just security.  What they were dealing with were updates to things like the net framework.  What I saw that I realized that somehow or other, Microsoft was paying attention to some of the feedback that they had gotten regarding Windows live writer, and possibly Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  So I actually did some testing and I found that these updates did in fact stabilize some of the issues with Windows live writer.  And that is probably some really good news, at least for me.  Because that means I can go back to using Windows live writer with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

However, at the same time I thought once again, about advanced system care professional.  And I'm beginning to feel that any registry cleaner at all, if you are in fact using Dragon NaturallySpeaking on your computer system, is probably not a good idea.  Because as I've said before, the registry is actually the largest file on your computer system or at least one of the largest files.  And yet it basically relatively speaking to the other programs you run on your system or the other files you have on your system is relatively small only because the registry is nothing but lines and lines of various computer coding that of course Windows 7 needs.  In order to set up and operate your Windows 7 session.

So consequently, all this talk about having to clean the registry.  A lot of times really is more hype than it is necessary.  Generally speaking, the three main browsers which are Firefox and Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, all have tilted mechanisms whereby they basically do clean most of your browser activity to the point where you really don't need any kind of registry cleaner.  Because the browsers doing the work for you.  And the other issue is that if you are cleaning the registry.  You have a possibility of manipulating or potentially damaging some of the registry entries that Dragon NaturallySpeaking needs to use in order to operate correctly.

So what I'm doing at this point is simply using the Windows desktop cleaning utility which probably to my way of thinking.  I am not going to have to do more than perhaps once a week.  Again.  Because the browser generally will in fact maintain a lot of its own files.  When you are done with your browsing session.  So given that fact, I have gone back to completely simplifying my system is much as possible.  And I'm gotten rid of atomic alarm clock and all of the other extraneous programs that might cause any compatibility issues with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

As far as Windows live writer is concerned the only plug-in I am using is the Facebook notification plug-in.  And that is of course for obvious reasons.

Now as far as MS office.  Again, I really never use much of MS office other than simply the Excel portion of MS office.  And so again I don't really see the need for me to install MS office since I have a very good program that simulates and is compatible with, Excel.  And of course I only used at twice a month when I'm actually updating my budget.  So consequently, that also eliminates again extraneous background programming from running, because I don't have the MS word and all of the other baggage that goes along with MS office.  And this, to my way of thinking is giving MS Outlook an easier time of running properly.

So because, MS Outlook is absolutely designed in every way to work with and be compatible with Windows 7.  I have of course transferred all of my alarms from atomic alarm clock over to MS Outlook.  And that's because the alarm function on MS Outlook.  Because, MS Outlook is so compatible with Windows 7.  That means that any alarms go off inside MS Outlook will be fairly unobtrusive and non-interfering with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

And again, I don't believe it is necessary to at this point tried to simulate keystrokes into Windows live writer, because I believe that's more of a potential point of frustration that any improvement in functionality.  I think the best way to go with Windows live writer Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  If you're using the dictation box is to simply not simulate any keystrokes.  Put simply to use the dictation box as a method of course of doing your dictation, whereby you simply transfer the text into Windows live writer, which then of course decreases the amount of system memory and resources of Dragon NaturallySpeaking in fact will be using when you are using the dictation box.

So that's basically what this is.  It is a kind of test to see if the updates to the various software structural programming that Microsoft has provided over the last few days is actually going to resolve the potential issues between Dragon NaturallySpeaking and Windows live writer.  And of course if it does that things can actually move forward.

But again, it all gets back to the same thing.  Which is getting rid of as much extraneous programming on your system as possible because in reality Dragon NaturallySpeaking does take up far more system memory and resources than just about any other program on your system.  And because I do enjoy the functionality of Windows live writer.  With regard to its compatibility with blogger.  I am fairly much dedicated to doing everything I can to make Windows live writer to work as effectively with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  As possible.

That of course is a kind of mental adjustment I have to go through because whether I like it or not.  I have to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  It's not a convenience.  It's basically a necessity.  Because I'm not 35 years old or 40.  I'm 62.  And my hands are becoming trashed.  So either I get used to, using Dragon NaturallySpeaking and make it work as effectively as possible.  Or I'm probably just not going to do much computing.  And that is not an option.  Just like I may like using the desktop microphone more than the headset.  But the reality is the headset is more accurate.  Which means my dictations will look as much like gibberish.  And that's a really good thing.  Because then I won't appear really stupid when I'm doing my dictations.  So that if I act out.  Like an idiot with some of my bombastic writing.  Then my writing will simply be bombastic without me looking like a complete moron.  And that of course would happen because the star microphone just doesn't pick up my voice correctly.  At least not all the time.

So that's basically where the system is at this point.  And of course, as I always do.  I am including source notes in my see also section below to provide research links to the various programs I have tested and that I use.

Thank you so very much for listening.

    The mind is like a book. Opened and much is learned. Closed and nothing is learned. (N. Maschke – 1994)

My Dell XPS 410 Computer Configuration:

  • Rating: 3.5 Windows Experience Index
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
  • Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable
  • System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Computer Further Reading:

  1. Windows Live Writer
  2. Hulu
  3. Netflix
  4. FastStone editor
  5. Logitech
  6. Windows 8
  7. Windows 7
  8. Windows Vista
  9. Windows XP
  10. IE 8
  11. IE 9
  12. IE 10
  13. Firefox
  14. Opera
  15. Google Chrome
  16. Safari
  17. Thunderbird
  18. Incredimail
  19. FeedReader
  20. FeedDemon
  21. Pidgin
  22. Yahoo Messenger
  23. Windows Live Messenger
  24. ICQ
  25. Active Desktop Calendar
  26. Trillian
  27. ITunes
  28. QuickTime
  29. CCleaner
  30. WiseCleaner
  31. AOL Messenger
  32. GoogleTalk
  33. Roboform
  34. Avast AntiVirus
  35. AVG
  36. MS Office
  37. MS Outlook
  38. Microsoft Security Essentials
  39. WiseCleaner
  40. Advanced System Care Professional
  41. RSS Bandit
  42. Atomic Alarm Clock
  43. Digsby
  44. FeedDemon
  45. MailStore
  46. JustCloud
  47. winamp
  48. Screamer Radio
  49. Radio Tuna
  50. Meebo
  51. KeyScrambler
  52. Facebook
  53. Blogger
  54. Jango Radio
  55. Picasa
  56. WOT
  57. Zemanta
  58. Prio-Priority Saver
  59. ISpy Free Surveillance Camera Software
  60. VLC Media Player
  61. PC World
  62. My Computer System
  63. Directory of Free Web Hosting sites
  64. Directory of Free blog services
  65. File A Better Business Bureau Complaint