Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Back on Track

Well this should be a bit better.  I retrained my speech profiles so that it was more accurate were would be more accurate based on the location of the microphone relative to where I sit in my chair.  And that seems to be working.  Normally I take my shower around 730 in the morning but because I'm sort of low energy.  I will probably hit the showers around 8 AM or 8:30 AM.  I caught up on all of my e-mail at this point.  And it's really sort of in between the holidays.  And so of course nothing really is being done much in Congress except basic head bumping.

That's what I call of the jockeying for position.  That both parties are doing.  Which of course makes no sense.  Considering the fact that millions of people hanging and waiting for Congress to make some kind of decision.  It absolutely makes no sense whatsoever for Congress to basically be sort of stymied by the whole process.  But that's really what is going on.  Nobody wants to make any decisions.  Nobody wants to commit for anything.  So nothing gets done.

What's the big surprise?

I also set up the mechanisms for my Dragon NaturallySpeaking to automatically update and automatically tune the user profile on a daily basis and then to send my data collection to Dragon NaturallySpeaking on a once a week basis.  And that actually should help the accuracy a great deal.  It's going to be done mostly when I'm asleep.  And that's a really good thing because then I don't have to worry about it.

And like I said, the way I trained this user profile is by positioning the microphone exactly where I wanted it to be so that I could not have it like right on top of me.  But at the same time so that it would work effectively.  It's about.  I would say 13 or 14 inches away from me.  And yet it is picking up things perfectly accurately with the music going in the background.  And that's just what I really wanted.

I probably am going to check the e-mail real quick and then turn on the TV for a while.  That way I can watch TV while having breakfast and getting myself together.  Then I probably will end up taking a nap.  And then I'll come back and do some journal articles probably around noon.  Unless I get a burst of energy.  But that's hard to say.  Sometimes when I get out of the shower and I finished putting myself together.  I just feel like taking a short nap for about 90 min.  But then I get up at like 3 AM.  And that of course is one of the reasons why.

Mostly I don't try to push myself during the day.  There's no point in my doing that.  Not only do I not have any place really to go.  But additionally, at my age with some of the things I'm dealing with it's probably not a really good idea.  So I don't.

I know one thing.  I know I'm getting old.  That feed on my bones just feels so good.  I'm actually going to take the radiator downstairs.  Upstairs, which is a portable electric radiator.  That I'm going to use in the upstairs bathroom.  It might actually make the downstairs bathroom a little bit cooler during the winter but the benefits upstairs are going to be fantastic because it keep the bathroom a little bit warmer.  The upstairs bathroom like the downstairs is actually at the very back of the house with one of the walls being an outside wall.  That's why the radiator actually keeps it a bit warmer.

So anyhow, let me go in to that.  And then I will come back.

Thank you very much for listening.