Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

What to do when the guy down the street shows up at your door wanting to sell you a box full of explosives! (And pretending you're NOT home is NOT an option!)

 

Sunday, October 21, 2012, 3:08 PM:

My horoscope this morning said that today was going to be a strenuous day.  I never really been one to put a lot of faith in horoscopes.  But whoever is doing the horoscope for me or for the sign of Capricorn, I believe, the reader must know me, or they are following me around.  Because today has certainly been really strenuous.  And here I thought last night was the highest level of my insanity.  (Not hardly.)

After I finished my Journal entry last night, I began to uninstall unnecessary programs on the system.  This proved to be a really unique experience.  Because when I was done, the dictation box just didn't seem to be working right with almost anything.  So I thought to myself, that either.  I had finally gone over to the dark side.  Or, my cat.  Bilbo, has been spiking my coffee again.

In any event, I spent most of the night and almost all of today, investigating and resolving the real problems.

MS Outlook :

It seems, that during all of the installing of programs and changing your browsers and so forth, that evidently, the core files of MS Outlook had been corrupted in some way, whereby as a result, one of the upgrades to MS Outlook also became corrupted.  So again, that set me off on another wonderful journey through the magical prices of program reconciliation.

So the first thing I have to do was to uninstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.  And then after I did that, I had to uninstall MS Outlook.  Then I had to reinstall MS Outlook.  And then I had to repair MS office.  Then I had to reinstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.  And then of course do the upgrade.  Then I had to reinstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11, and also do the upgrade.

Now, I was right, and that MS Outlook, has in fact become corrupted.  So actually pulling it off of the system.  And then reinstalling it as a clean copy was probably the absolute right thing to do.  And so, MS office is now installed on the system, but only with the usual and customary services pursuant to MS Outlook.  In other words, nothing fancy.  Just the normal aspects of MS Outlook.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking :

And of course reinstalling Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 was not really a problem since I have all these user profiles that I have been saving on my system.  So basically the system is back where it needs to be with Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 basically being in control of the system.

I thought for a moment about going back to Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.  But when I had that thought, I realized it would be a mistake.  Because version 10 really doesn't have the functionality, with regard to Windows 7 service pack 1, that Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 has.

So it was just a day really having lots and lots of fun.  (And if you believe that, please let me know.  Because I have some beachfront property for you in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.)

Summation:

So, in any event, things are back to normal.  But, what a day!  If I didn't know better, I would swear that my cats, while I'm sleeping, are screwing around with my computer.  But they know better.  Because they know if they go near my machine.  The only thing that's going to happen is that I'm going to send them back to the lab.  LOL

I guess the point of what I'm trying to say is that with a lot of the programs that are still out on the market today, one of the most important things that needs to be looked at, is the last time that the program was upgraded or updated.  Because if that has not been upgraded or updated recently, then in reality, I just don't think it's a good idea to be using that program on your system, if, and that's very important, meaning if, you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking on your system.

I'm also really beginning to believe that cleaning the registry is probably not a good idea.  Regardless of anything anyone might say.  The registry, while being the actual engine of the Windows operating system.  Basically the registry is nothing but lines and lines of code.  And in reality, while the registry is a gigantic file, it really doesn't take up very much space on the system at all.  And I just don't think it's a good idea to be fooling around with the registry.  As to the temporary files, that's another issue.

There's part of me that feels that deleting a lot of the extraneous files in the temporary files and folders may not be a bad idea.  At the same time, there's the other part of me that feels that it really is quite unnecessary, because Windows 7 generally maintains those titles automatically.  So there's really no need to be too concerned with deleting extraneous junk files in the temporary folder either for Internet Explorer or for the system.  Because in reality, the system will bleed off, or delete the older temporary files as they become antiquated and unnecessary.

So in that regard, I'm almost feeling that using CCleaner is really not something that you want to do every day, unless you are using a computer system where privacy is a concern.  Such as if you're using your computer at work, or you are a family member of it doesn't want someone else in the household know what you have been doing on your computer.  But for most people, it just doesn't seem to make much sense to be going after the temporary files.  When in fact, Internet Explorer and all the browsers that are out there now, generally maintain their own Internet temporary files quite well.  And as I said, the system files.  Generally are managed by the Windows 7 management console.  Which means there really is no need to get rid of those files.  Because they will be deleted as they become older and no longer relevant.

So that's basically my new point of view.  One thing I learned today for sure, was how to have patience.  Because I certainly needed a lot of patience to get through all of watching and waiting, as I was trying to get one program uninstalled or reinstalled.  In any event.

The, oh my God, part of the story!:

Needless to say I spoke to soon. Because no sooner had I done just the previous paragraphs of dictation using the dictation box when, all of a sudden, the dictation box began to have issues. Again, with Windows live writer. Now the only thing I can think of is that with the advent of MS office service pack 3, and the upgrade to Windows live writer, there has in fact been some kind of a change. With regard to the software. Whereby as a result, the dictation box inside Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 is not working as well as it used to with Windows live writer. Because there’s nothing on the system. In any way that could interfere with the dictation box. Normally.

So with that in mind, I’m back to using MS word to do my compositions and then transferring those compositions into Windows live writer. The reality is, that these blog editor’s ae rather complicated pieces of program. Because not only are they set up to be a kind of rich text editor. But they are also HTML code editor as well. And then, in addition, they are also a communications device for transferring information from your computer to the blog server.

So given the fact that Windows defender. Sometimes causes issues with programs, as well as Windows live writer. There is probably only two or 3 million different things that could be causing the dictation box to fail.

If my hands were notso trashed, I would be tempted to take at least a 10 pounds sledge hammer and see how quickly I could turn my computer into a paperweight. But if I did that, the cats would probably sell it on eBay.

So in any event, as I said, I’m back to using MS word to do y Journal entries. And that’s fine. I am so done with trying to screw around with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. The program was actually created to try and save time. But in reality, the program has cost me so many tens of thousands of hours of lost production time since I use the program all the way back to Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 9, that it’s ridiculous.

So in any event, that’s basically where things stand at this point. Every things back to normal. As normal as things can be in this crazy house. I mean really. Think about it. I have four cats. They are all crazy. And if I had their life, I’d have no worries.

But I don’t have their life. That’s a shame. LOL

I think what I’m going to do now is get something to eat. And then consider my next move. Perhaps I’ll go running around in the backyard screaming hysterically. Works for me! But of course if I did that, my guess would probably come in and start watching the fish channel again. Talk about boring.

There indication right now having another union meeting. I think you’re discussing. If they think it’s possible to grab one of the cans open it by force. I keep telling them, if they don’t behave, I’m going to send them to a foreign country where they will actually be the meal of the day. At which point they just looked at me like they actually do understand what really don’t give a damn.

Undoubtedly, as things go, I will be back. Unless nuclear war breaks out. In which case, you’ll probably find me running down the freeway seeing if anyone wants to give me a lift anywhere. Either that, or I’ll be standing on the front porch holding and unlit cigarette, waiting for the nuclear blast to, light me.

Thanks very much for listening.

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,