Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

System Update: Comprehensive

Windows 7:

For anyone who is been reading my Journal for the last several days.  At the very least, it has been obvious that I have been working toward managing my system to a point, whereby I would no longer need to use my mouse.  I actually thought I had gotten to that point.  This morning.  Only to discover that I still needed to make one more adjustment.  And that caused me to have to make a few other adjustments.

….  Dragon NaturallySpeaking:

To begin with, the dictation box with MS Outlook, unless, you are using the dictation box with Windows live writer.  And then, the dictation box inside Windows live writer will generally have a problem.  If you have any of the add-ons to Windows live writer.  In short, Windows live writer has a lot of compatibility issues with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  So consequently, I went through a series of changes over the past two hours.  And as a result, my system is basically the same but with certain significant changes.


….  Windows live writer:

As I said, I got rid of Windows live writer.  I finally got to the point where I just did not want to struggle with the program anymore.  And I just don't have the time, keep losing dictations I'm trying to do because Windows live writer has some kind of a problem with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  And that's really the issue.  Dragon NaturallySpeaking doesn't really have a problem with hardly any program except for Windows live writer which is why I'm no longer using Windows live writer.

….  BlogJet:

Now I have gone back to using BlogJet as my blog editor.  Because it just makes a lot more sense to do so and it is a lot easier as well.  Now, because BlogJet was primarily created for WordPress blogs, BlogJet is not able to send photographs up to blogger.  However, if I do want to include any kind of photographs in a Journal entry I will be using the online blog editor for blogger.  So in that event, BlogJet then becomes really the perfect solution.  It does cost about $20.  But it is a lifetime license.  And in my estimation it is well worth the money.

It does need to be said, that BlogJet has not been updated recently.  Which means the last update that BlogJet went through, was just before the beginning of Windows 7.  However, because it was updated during Windows Vista, it still has a tremendous amount of compatibility with Windows 7.  So again, I highly recommend the program.

Now the only thing that I've noticed about BlogJet, is that it's a little bit difficult sometimes to do direct dictation into BlogJet.  Meaning that when you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, it sometimes becomes a bit problematical do direct dictation into BlogJet because of how programs may be changing on your system.  In other words, if a program is running in the background suddenly gains a bit more priority to come to the foreground, then your dictation might in fact be interrupted inside BlogJet.
So therefore, I suggest using notepad as your text entry window or, using DragonPad.
I have experimented with using DragonPad with BlogJet but there is an incompatibility with using the DragonPad with BlogJet.  Just like there is incompatibility with using the dictation box with BlogJet.  But this is partially because BlogJet has a good bit of Java code that is similar in some way to the Java code that Dragon NaturallySpeaking uses.  Which is of course, the C runtime routine.
And so for that reason it is advisable when using BlogJet that what you do is do your dictations into notepad.  And from there just transfer the text into BlogJet for your final entry.
Not something else.  I discovered with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, that I probably should have already known, is that you can actually set up series of keystrokes to take place with one programming call but you can set up inside Dragon NaturallySpeaking, using the Command Browser.  And that's exactly what I've done.
In BlogJet, when you want to extend a Journal entry, BlogJet uses the HTML code for LiveJournal.  And that of course is incompatible with Blogger.  So what I've done, is I went to blogger and I got the HTML code for extending an entry.  And when I did that, I then set up a programming call.  So that if I issued that inside BlogJet, that it would automatically place the HTML code for extending a Journal post inside BlogJet.  And in that way, BlogJet actually has more compatibility then Windows live writer.
And that of course makes using BlogJet a lot easier.
But the one thing you want to remember with BlogJet if you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, is to not use the dictation box or the DragonPad for any of your compositions.  Or your dictations.  Instead, you should use either MS word or WordPad or notepad.  If you do that everything will work fine.
….  Wallpaper Master Pro:
Now.  Wallpaper Master Pro, is an older program.  However, it really does work very well.  And the incompatibility that wallpaper Master Pro was having was basically with Windows live writer.  And not with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
So as a result, it just makes sense for me to go back in use.  Wallpaper Master Pro, since I'm no longer using Windows live writer and that's exactly what I have done.
….  Internet Explorer:
I have been using Firefox.  And having a great deal of success with the program.  But the fact is that Firefox does have a certain amount of incompatibility with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  Namely with the flash player.  So consequently, because I'm attempting to get to a place where I don't have to use my mouse anymore.  I have gone back to using Internet Explorer.  This of course gives me a good bit more functionality over favorites and things of that nature.
There is part of me feels that going back to Firefox is really sort of pointless.  Because everything I have is basically more synchronized with Internet Explorer.  But again, it really is the standard for Windows 7.
….  Atomic Alarm Clock:
Atomic alarm clock is really a very good time management program.  It doesn't really good job as an alarm clock.  And for reminding you of various appointments.  And dates.  It also has the ability to act as a mini task scheduler.  But, I have found that it is probably not advisable to use atomic alarm clock.  As a miniature task scheduler.  If you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  Because when atomic alarm clock attempt to launch a program or to manipulate the system in some way it tends to cause Dragon NaturallySpeaking to lock up.
So again, it's not really and by simple to use that function, inside atomic alarm clock, whereby as a result, atomic alarm clock will act as a mini task scheduler, to the point where it will in fact launch programs and manipulate the system.  My advice is to simply use atomic alarm clock as a time management system for scheduling appointments and reminding you of various dates.  Because under those circumstances, the program worked perfectly.
….  MS Outlook:
MS Outlook is another program that sometimes has problems with the dictation box for Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  So again, my advice is that you are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking and MS Outlook.  What you do is not use the dictation box.  Because the synchronization between MS Outlook and Dragon NaturallySpeaking is extremely well defined.  So much so, that you can actually do direct dictation right into MS Outlook, using Dragon NaturallySpeaking, without the use of the dictation box for the DragonPad.
There have been occasions when I was trying to use the DragonPad with MS Outlook, and Dragon NaturallySpeaking with then lock up.
So again, it's just simply something to keep in mind.  That when you are using MS Outlook, you probably don't want to use the dictation box, because you can in fact do direct dictation directly into MS Outlook.  So there is really no need for the dictation box.
….  RSS Bandit:
While RSS bandit actually has a tremendous amount of compatibility with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  It really is as good of the newsreader as FeedDemon.  So that's basically why I have gone back to using FeedDemon.  It just is a better program and presents newsfeeds much better way.
….  Blogger:
I'm going back and forth with the idea of using tags inside blogger.  Generally, using tags doesn't really do very much.  I mean, tags my the useful in drawing some readers to Journal or the blog.  But I don't really think it matters that much.  At least not in my case.  So I'm going to stay with using categories.
Conclusions:
So at this point, I would say that I have my system.  Now worked out to the point where I really don't have to use my hands anymore.  I can go ahead and basically run my system with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  And that is exactly what I'm trying to do the last several months.
I won't deny that I have gone back and forth a number of times with regard to types of browsers, and various blog editing programs.  But the reality is, that I finally have achieved what I have been looking for.  Meaning that I have worked out various procedures necessary to make sure that if I do want to include pictures in my Journal that I can do so very easily.  And I have a blog editor that is much easier to use than Windows live writer.
Now, my plan is to finish doing some e-mail.  And then to try to do some news posting.
I hope this is been helpful.
Thank you very much for listening.