Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Attention K-Mart Shoppers! BLUE-LIGHT Special on Aisle 9 on GUNS and BIBLES! ... NEWS FLASH! Massive Rioting at local mall! Gunshots Fired! National Guard Called Out! Film at 11!

Sunday, October 21, 2012, 12:32 AM:

Opinion:

It's really a very good thing that I don't throw anything away.  Well, almost anything.  Anyhow, with nothing better to do, (meaning, I could watch the FISH channel with the cats! [HELL NO!], or I could campaign for Romney [Yeah, like that would ever happen, or how can you say, ONLY IF I'VE BEEN DEAD FOR 10,000 YEARS AND SUDDENLY BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE BY THE BRUTE SQUAD!], or I could go in the backyard and help Frankie, my youngest cat, finish digging his MOAT around the house [I REALLY have to have a serious talk with FRANKIE],  and realizing that trying to find REALITY around here is like trying to UNSCREW a HURRICANE with a FORK), I began looking through some old technical memos I had compiled from years past.  And low and behold, I found a memo that I had compiled regarding wallpaper Master Pro .

Then! Reality Comes For A Visit! (yeah! don't ya hate that!  I mean, just when you are deliriously happy, lost in some weird daydream, REALITY comes knocking at the door, and it ain't here to give you instant wealth and immortality!):

And what I found is exactly what I also found just recently was taking place.  Wallpaper Master Pro , when it is running, tends to use a rather significant amount of system resources and system memory.  So much so, that is actually in excess of 100,000 K when it is running.  And I also found that I had discovered issues between wallpaper Master Pro , and Windows live writer .  And of course, my beloved Dragon NaturallySpeaking .

So, once I discovered that, I then realized why Dragon NaturallySpeaking , was suddenly having a problem with the dictation box, inside Windows live writer .  So again, with nothing better to do, I went ahead and reinstalled Windows live writer .

Then what I did, was.  I went into the Command Browser for Dragon NaturallySpeaking .  And I located the command where I would be able to extend a Journal entry that I created for use with BlogJet .  The command had originally been defined to be used globally.  Meaning that if I spoke that command.  In any program it would immediately apply those keystrokes.  And then what I did was, using the Command Browser, I made that command applicable and specific only to BlogJet.  Meaning, that if I spoke that command.  In any other program other than in BlogJet , nothing would happen, or the default action would happen.

And so, for the time being, I have relegated BlogJet  to simply being that of an extra editor on the system.  And I'm back to using Windows live writer .  What's more, Windows live writer is actually working very well as a result.

The concept of using a wallpaper changer on a Windows 7  system.  Of course brings up the concept of redundancy.  Because in fact that's true.  Windows 7 has a built in wallpaper changer that comes as part of the operating system.  But of course, I do enjoy testing out various programs to see how they work on the system.  Always attempting to see if there is any way I can improve the system.  So needless to say, wallpaper Master Pro  is probably not the greatest program to use.  Because it actually not only uses up so much system resources that it becomes basically not a good idea.  But in addition, it also causes conflicts with other programs, namely, Dragon NaturallySpeaking  and Windows live writer .

And so, at this point, I basically have the entire system completely finished.  I finally have the system set up in such a way, so that everything is working completely together.  And the only program that doesn't have any kind of verbal compatibility to Dragon NaturallySpeaking , is of course, Feeddemon.  But I'm relentless.  FeedDemon  is a very excellent program.  And it's one that I have paid for.

So while RSS bandit , is actually a similar program and has complete compatibility with Dragon NaturallySpeaking .  The format of presentation, in Feeddemon , seems, sometimes, to be a bit better. (thinking to herself, I wonder if it's just the new brand of coffee I'm drinking...).  Both programs actually have perfect synchronicity with Internet Explorer .  But the presentation of news articles in Feeddemon seems to present the news articles a bit better. (Again wondering if perhaps the air in the house has suddenly become replaced with HELIUM).  Partially because I'm wearing trifocals. 

But... (she says, looking at Bilbo as he tries to throw his brother Frodo OUT the KITCHEN WINDOW) , I  then, realized that I actually have the SAME degree of functional changes that I can make in RSS Bandit, that I can in FeedDemon. (So Obviously, it's not the damn COFFEE! - She says, taking a large hammer and repeatedly SMACKING herself  in the head, while reading from the book, "1001 ways to cure a headache!) So NATURALLY, it's not that I'm like, NUTS! I'm just NOT paying attention! ...  AGAIN!

So, I'm actually still toying with going back to RSS bandit , purely on the basis of the fact that it really does have more synchronicity with Dragon NaturallySpeaking .  And that's really what I need more than anything else.

Which means, that what I will probably do, is simply keep Feeddemon  on the system, as an extra RSS newsreader.  But will basically be using RSS bandit , instead.  While RSS Bandit sometimes seems  to take up a bit more system resources and memory, REALITY COMES A KNOCKING ON THAT DOOR AGAIN... Because it ain't so. RSS Bandit actually is a bit more efficient than FeedDemon. (I've definitely got to stop watching the GEEK CHANNEL when I go to sleep!)

With. RSS bandit , I don't have to use my mouse at all.  Where, with FeedDemon, I can't use Dragon NaturallySpeaking  at all.  Except to call up the mouse grid and do a mouse click over various parts of the program, in order to execute the functions.  With RSS bandit .  I don't have to do that.

So let me do that.  And then make a couple of adjustments.  And then I'll be back.  (So, don't touch that dial, I'll will be right back after a public service announcement from, "Joes Personal Home Explosives Emporium".

Sunday, October 21, 2012, 2:14 PM:

Okay. So I've done that. I've gone back to using RSS Bandit. And while I was  restarting my machine, I went to get another cup of coffee. As I entered the kitchen all four of the cats were having a UNION MEETING under the kitchen stove. And all I could hear was Cleo, the female, saying to Frankie, "Well, Frankie, if the fool won't let you build a moat, ask him if you can have that rocket launcher you tried to order last month. (And I'm thinking, I've definitely got to stop sharing shots of Whisky with them before dinner. They don't need BOOZE, they need STRAIGHT JACKETS! I mean, truly, if I left this house for like 24 hours, I'd come home, and find Cleo making a deal with Satan for my immortal soul. Frankie would be in the backyard digging a MOAT around the house. Biblo would be chasing Frodo with an electric cattle prod! And Frodo would be screaming, "It wasn't ME! And of course the house, would be on it's side with Mother Nature running in circles in the backyard yelling, "Hey! I never signed up for this!) .

So, what's the lesson in all of this? Well, it's sort of like what someone once said about the Alamo. "it doesn't matter if you can shoot straight. It only matters if you can load your weapon and point it the RIGHT WAY!", (she says, thinking, 'Yep! I definitely have to change to a different brand of coffee!).

And with that, the boys, (meaning the 3 male cats, are all sleeping in the next room. Cleo, the one female, is on the phone trying to get the pet shop to sell PEOPLE as PETS.) And I'm going to pull up the covers and pretend that reality is NOT just some COLLECTIVE HUNCH,  but that reflection in the mirror that when you go to the mirror and say, "mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all? Your reflection YELLS back at you, "HEY DUMMY! One more time with that MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL CRAP, AND IT'S TO THE MOON, ALICE! GOT IT" .

Thanks so much for listening...

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,