Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?
This is the sign that is over the front door of Aileen's and my house, our home, going OUT. Meaning that when someone leaves our house they are going into the ACTUAL Mental Ward.

I've always felt that way. When it is considered how much ugliness and killing and hatred there is in the world today, it actually makes perfect sense that this sign is over the door going out of the house.

Because that's where the real mental ward is.

Friday, July 13, 2012

System Update: Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Windows 7, Windows 8

Friday, July 13, 2012, 2:44 AM:

Dragon NaturallySpeaking:

I've had to go back to Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.  It's like I explained in a previous system update regarding Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  Version 11 claims to be extremely compatible with Windows 7.  But the reality is that Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 is compatible with Windows 7, or at least as a high compatibility with Windows 7.  When the computer on which Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 is not a diversified computer.  Meaning that computer system on which Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 is being installed really needs to be a computer that is dedicated to not more than one or two specific purposes.  For example, computers that are used for school work or by students basically for the various aspects of what they do, as students.  Such as YouTube, and studying and research.  Just like Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 will work on Windows 7 computer systems that are dedicated toward the medical industry or the legal industry or the various aspects of the corporate or business community.

But on computer systems such as mine, which are extremely diversified, whereby the computer system.  Not only runs my television, but also runs my home security system.  In addition to my Internet activity, and then in addition to that.  The linkage to my android phone.  On a system like that Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 definitely does cause a tremendous amount of software conflicts.

Furthermore, as I said before, the reason for the conflicts on a diversified computer system with Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 is because in Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.  The Dragon NaturallySpeaking people have allocated the interface, for iPhone and android cell phone programming in Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 as a separate stand-alone programming module in the Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 programming suite.  And as a result of that, being as a result of Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 allocating android and iPhone cell phone interface or programming interface as a separate programming module in the Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 programming suite, that module actually does cause conflicts with other programming in the Windows 7 environment that are in fact set up to interface with android and iPhone cell phone use.  Just as Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.  Because of the way it allocates programming interface for iPhone and android cell phone use also causes a conflict with aspects of home security surveillance programming, most of which actually does have an aspect to their programming for android and iPhone cell phone interface.

In addition, a Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 program has a problem with speech recognition accuracy, in fact, the accuracy of Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 has been so tightly defined that in actuality.  It has a much lower tolerance to low level background noise or interference, such as for example, the air conditioner that I am running in my home in the other room.

So while Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 may in fact have a higher degree of accuracy.  The reality is that the accuracy of Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 has been so tightly defined that it has a lower tolerance to low level background noise or interference in the environment that it is being used.  And that of course produces dictation errors and recognition errors.

So again, my movement away from Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 is strictly because it is so tightly defined on the one hand, whereby recognition becomes more of a problem.  Because of how tightly defined direct ignition module is in Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.  And additionally, because of the allocation of programming in Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11, whereby a separate module or programming module in the Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 suite has in fact been allocated for iPhone and cell phone and android cell phone interface.  That of course, as I said above, is causing a series of programming conflicts on my system to the fact that my computer system is in fact so diversified.

Once again, for those who are encountering similar programming conflicts with Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.  The procedure for rolling back to Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10 is really quite simple.

First of all, as I've said a number of times.  It is advisable that when you are migrating from Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10 to Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 that you export your user files for Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10, so that if you need to go back to version 10 after using version 11 will already have your user files with all of their accuracy that all you will need to do is to them for those user files to immediately begin to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.

So to begin with, what you do is simply uninstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.  Once you have done that, it is advisable to use the DNS 11 remover tool.  Because that will remove all evidences of Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 from your system.  Then once you have done that, it is advisable that you immediately restart your machine.  So that any of the extraneous registry entries that are being allocated at the time of removal have in fact either been eliminated or nullified.  Once you restart your machine the next thing you should do is to run a registry cleaner such as CCleaner or advanced system care professional.  Because that will remove any of the extraneous Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 registry entries on your system.  After you have run the registry cleaner it is advisable that you then restart your machine a second time.  And once you do your machine will then be cleaned.  In such a way so that you do not have any registry entries existing on your system or Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.

At that point.  You then go ahead N. you install your Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.  Then after you have done that the very next thing you do is to install the DNS 10 service pack one update.  That will simply bring your Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10 up to the latest current available level.

Then, before you even execute your Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10 program is advisable that you go into the control panel.  And you select the icon for program updates.  That icon for program updates is actually the program that is associated with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  And it is advisable that you go into the configuration menu of that program and turn off the automatic updates and to uncheck the selection for Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.  This will prevent Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10 and the programming update module from looking for updates unnecessarily to Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.  Which of course would be Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.  But because you have gone back to version 10 you are not going to want to be bothered about updating to version 11.

Then once you have done that.  You then need to simply execute your Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10 program, at which point it will authorize itself with the Dragon NaturallySpeaking service.  You then import your files.  Meaning your user files which you have exported previously back into Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.  And at that point, you will then have the Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.  Ready to run with all of your old user files and all of your pre-established accuracy.  And recognition coefficients.

Windows 8:

I have been reading now for the last six weeks, like millions of other people throughout the world about Microsoft Windows 8.  And from everything I have read I have been covered that Microsoft with Windows 8 is basically going to illuminate if not totally do away with third-party programming applications.  And at the only applications, you will be able to using Windows 8 are going to be the ones that you can actually get on the Windows 8 applications store.

My attitude, quite frankly is that the day I am going to allow Microsoft to tell me what I can install on my computer will be never.  I use a number of programs on my system that are third-party programs and our programs that work tremendously well and have no spyware and are completely reliable.  But they are also programs that Microsoft looks down their nose at.  And part of that is because these third-party programs are not willing to pay the exorbitant monetary fees to Microsoft in order to be allowed the privilege of being listed with Microsoft and its applications store.  So again, the day that I'm going to allow Microsoft to basically destroy my third-party applications that I use to run my computer system and to run my home is as I said.  Not ever going to happen.  If Microsoft wanted to drive me away from their company.  They are doing a very good job of achieving that goal by forcing Windows 8 on me as a computer user.  Because my reaction to their belligerent attitude with regard to Windows 8.  Is that I will dump Microsoft and I will buy a different computer system.

For the time being, I do not believe that is going to be necessary.  Because there are no business or corporation rumblings in the computer community regarding Microsoft suddenly terminating Windows 7.  Besides, that would in all probability be corporate suicide for Microsoft to take that particular line of behavior regarding their software products.  So Microsoft whether they like it or not will have to put up and shut up and basically deal with the fact that there are going to be a number of computer users who are now using Windows 7, who are not going to be sold a bill of goods and the lies Microsoft is telling about Windows 8.  Because the reality of Windows 8 is that if you go to Windows 8.  You are not going to be able to use 90% of your third-party programming that you are currently using to run your computer systems.  The only place you will be able to get any third-party programming on your computer system will be those programs and those companies that have paid the rather exorbitant amount of money to be listed in Microsoft's applications store.

And as I said, I'll throw my computer into the trash and use a cell phone before I ever allow Microsoft to push me around.  And force me to migrate to Windows 8.  That's not going to happen.  My disability precludes me from being able to use a touchscreen computer.  Because of the fact that I'm basically bedbound and because my computer system not only houses my theater activity.  But my home security system in addition to my television.  And along with that all of my budgeting for my home financial work, which is completely extra and separate as far as the functionality of my system.  In addition to my Internet use.  And so on that basis, my computer system needs to have a speech program that will in fact be responsive to my voice in the environment in which I live.  And in which I am using my computer.  But in addition, my computer system has to be able to handle third-party programming in order for me to maintain the security of my home.  In addition to managing my entertainment system, along with my financial and personal records all of which are extra to the Internet activity, which is also one of the main functions of my computer system.

There is nothing in any of the Windows 8 documents or news articles I have seen, where Microsoft is giving Windows a that kind of capability.  Not one single thing.  Microsoft is betting its entire corporate future that people are going to migrate away from keyboards and mice them begin to want to use a touchscreen computer rather than to use a keyboard or a mouse.  And I don't really give a damn if Microsoft thinks I'm old-fashioned or not.  As far as I'm concerned my computer system.  Is my life here at my home.  And the computer system my use has to be able to handle the different aspects of my life.  And if Microsoft wants me to use Windows 8 and Microsoft is going to have to change Windows 8.  So that I can use my third-party programming on Windows 8 and maintain my computer system in the extremely diversified manner that it currently exists.  And if Microsoft can't do that, then Microsoft could take their version of Windows 8 and throw it in the trash.  Because I'm not going to use it.

I'm quite frankly fed up with the corporate sector trying to push us consumers.  In one direction or another.  Just so that they can make more money.  The corporate sector basically treats consumers like we are in fact a rats in a wheel.  Every time we begin to acclimate to the products and the environment that the computer sector and computer community.  As in fact established.  They then immediately change the rules of the game and bring out a different product trying to convince us of what we have is no longer viable or has any value.  When in reality that's not the case.  The only substantial change I have seen.  With regard to iPhone and android phone use in the United States and around the world is simply the change on the 3G network to the 4G network.  But other than that.  I don't really see that any of these extra changes that the computer community is screaming and yelling about how great they are have any real value whatsoever.

As I said, if Microsoft wants to go ahead and draw a line in the sand.  No problem.  Because I will dump their system, and I will buy an Apple computer.  Or I will buy a different OS system, because I am not going to migrate to Windows 8 and be forced to use a touchscreen computer in my home.  When because of the way that my bed basically sits in a space where I reside and do all of my work it is impossible for me to even touch the screen.  And with my arthritis touching the screen is not really as easy as it may seem.  There are even times when I had issues trying to manipulate my android phone because so much of it is touch oriented.  Thank goodness that the touch system on my android phone is as easy as it is because what my arthritis.  I don't really have a problem with program selection.  But if the computer community really wants to make it as difficult as possible for disabled people like myself to use their products than they need to go ahead and continue to update all of their computer products.  So that they actually exclude that disabled people in this country and around the world because that is what Windows 8 and other software packages like Windows and are actually doing.

I have been working with Microsoft as a computer user.  And as someone who is rather technically aware and has a certain amount of technical expertise with computers ever since Microsoft became a company.  And for those who have been around as long as I have.  I of course don't need to remind any of you of how when Microsoft first came out.  The baud rate was only about eight.  And when you had to do a download of a Microsoft update.  It could take you up to 15 hours to get to download onto your computer.  People who are as old as I am remember very well when Microsoft first came out that updating your computer system could take anywhere from one to three days.  And those of us remember very clearly how we would be staying up way into the wee hours of the morning basically falling asleep at our desks waiting for Microsoft to finally finished updating a file.

So when I say that I'm fed up with Microsoft trying to push their belligerence onto my computer.  You can bet your bottom dollar that I am truly fed up.  I am not going to allow them to push their Windows 8 onto my machine.  And if they want to go ahead and disallow Windows 7, and throw Windows 7 into the trash like they have done with Windows XP.  No problem.  Because as I said, when Microsoft wants to take that kind of a belligerent attitude.  My attitude will be real simple out tell Microsoft to go to hell and now by a computer that's made with a different operating system.  And then Microsoft and take their Windows 8 and sit on it.

At the same time, I will never say that Windows 7 is not a good operating system, because it is an excellent operating system.  I have been using it ever since it first came out.  And I know almost every single aspect of the program and how to make it work as efficiently as possible.  It is a very excellent operating system.  It is self-correcting.  It is self updating.  It is extremely well thought out and quite logical and very easy to use in so many different ways that it would take me a separate Journal article.  Just to list all the very positive aspects of Windows 7.

But for Microsoft to be taking this attitude that they are so hysterical about trying to compete in the android phone and iPhone market that they are going to go ahead and design an entire operating system for a desktop computer or a laptop computer along the lines of an android phone.  I think that's a very poor choice.  Because doing so, they are eliminating thousands if not millions of extremely talented programmers who do in fact produce excellent programs up every time that we computer users have been using and have working on our systems without any spyware or malware whatsoever.

Of course if Microsoft suddenly wises up and realizes that they're behaving like a bunch of ruthless corporate bastards by trying to push Windows 8 on us computer users.  They may in fact redesign Windows 8.  So that it's not going to be specifically designed only for people to use as a touchscreen computer like their android phones.  In which case they won't be basically relegating the mouse and the keyboard to the trash.  But I don't see that coming.  Every single news article, I see shows Microsoft screaming and yelling about Windows 8 and how everything is going to be changed and how everything is going to be touch screen oriented and that if you have a mouse it's going to be much harder for you to use Windows 8.  Love is going to be much harder to use Windows 8 if you have a mouse or a keyboard.  Then why use Windows 8?

The corporate sector is screaming and yelling about how terrible the economic situation is in the global economic market.  But the corporations don't want to put up and shut up and start acting like responsible business people.  Instead of ruthless moneygrubbing idiots.  They all want the global economic system to stabilize, but they don't want to stop being greedy and selfish and self-serving and so arrogant and so hateful of the consumer.  They want us to jump through abide their products but they don't want to give us any jobs to work in their companies.  Just like they want us to buy all the products that they design without ever thinking about what we really want.  That's what happened with Windows XP.  Microsoft had a great operating system with Windows XP.  But because Microsoft has always been hysterical to the point of complete lunacy about security.  They have sold the world on being just as hysterical about security.  And as a result of the world becoming so hysterical about security, this has given that element in the human population who are actually really ugly criminals and identity thieves even more of an opportunity to act out with their criminal behavior.  If Microsoft would've been a lot more mature and less hysterical and stupid about security.  They would not have created a kind of psychological climate with us consumers hand with the criminals in the world to make security such a huge issue as it is.

Apple Computer doesn't have the kind of security issues that Microsoft and IBM machines have.  And the reason for that is because Apple doesn't get hysterical to the point of being nuts about security.  They build an operating system that is solid, and they don't worry about all of these idiot criminals in the world.  Because they build their operating system so that it is virtually impregnable.  But Microsoft doesn't do that, because they're so eager to get their operating system garbage out on the market.  That usually when their operating system hits the market.  There are so many glitches in the operating system.  Even though it's been tested and retested that within 10 days of the release of any new operating system.  There are so many issues and problems with the operating system that Microsoft is having to release 10, 15 and even 20 updates to correct all the mistakes that they failed to fix when they released the operating system in the first place.

And if that's not bad enough.  Just look at what's happening with Internet Explorer nine, which is IE 9.  We IE 9 users are being told that we have Windows 7 were not going to get IE 10.  Microsoft keeps lying about how they are going to get Windows 7 users IE 10.  But those are just lies.  Just like Microsoft with IE 9 claims it's a really great browser.  And yet that's why IE 9 is losing market share all over the world to Google chrome.  And why Firefox is also taking a great percentage of the IE 9 market share.  Because IE 9 may in fact be quite secure.  But it's basically hysterical about being secure.  And it's not very user-friendly.  It's technically friendly to technical people.  But it's not user-friendly to the average computer user.  And that help files to an average computer user are just as confusing as the options in IE 9.  And the versatility that IE 9 has is negligible.  Next to Google chrome and Firefox.

And it's all because these executives at Microsoft are big money people and they don't give a damn about the computer user and they don't give a damn about the customer because they're more interested in their corporate clients.  They're more interested in getting as much money as they possibly can and catering to whatever interest they think will get them more money.  Which is why they are chasing the android cell phone market and chasing the iPhone cell phone market like crazy and trying to duplicate that environment on a desktop computer.  Which of course is going to make companies like Logitech.  Not really very happy.  Logitech is not going to be thrilled.  When Microsoft basically tells Logitech to go to hell because Microsoft is going to say with Windows 8 that they don't need Logitech or any keyboards or mice anymore.  So it's basically like Microsoft doesn't really give a damn about how many bridges they burn as long as they get what they want.

And then these big-money people with these corporations turn around and act so stupid because they act like they are so surprised when the entire corporate sectors throughout the world is going into the toilet.  When in reality the only reason it's going into the toilet is because of they are selfish attitude their self-serving greediness and their ugly horrible corporate behavior, where they are more concerned with the money they are getting than not products or services that they are offering.

I started in business with my father.  When I was 16 years old, although I was a partner with him in our family business when I was seven years old.  I began doing my first profitability and financial analyses when I was 16.  I began installing computers that very same year.  I have owned for companies.  One of those companies that I owned was set up totally on barter.  So why no real well, the ugly disgusting behavior that so many of the corporate age money people exemplify.  The kind of people who are much more interested in the money they earn getting than not products or services they are offering.  And when a corporation or a company becomes more concerned with the money they are getting than a product of the services that they are delivering or making that is when that company turns into nothing but garbage.

The first priority of any company should be the product or the service that they are making or in fact offer.  That is where there concerned should be.  Not being greedy not being selfish not being self-serving thinking about the product that they are making or the services they are offering.  That should be their first concern and if it's not then their company is going to go into the toilet just like many of the companies are in fact, ailing all over this world because of back kind of selfish ugly greedy behavior.

As I've said before, the problems with the economic system throughout the entire world has very little to do with money.  It has everything to do with psychology and politics and greed and selfishness and being self-serving and wanting to be more concerned with the money they can get than a product of the services they are offering.  And you can see exactly what I'm saying not only in the Kondratieff wave.  But you can also see it in every bit of market activity over the past month.

So as I said, Microsoft needs to put up and shut up and instead of listening to their corporate clients who are paying them huge amounts of money they need to put up and shut up and start listening to us consumers the people that are actually going to use their crap.  And if they don't want to listen to us than they will find that their Windows 8 won't be as big a success as they want it to be.  Because as far as I'm concerned, I will never use Windows 8 the way they have it designed.  Not now and not ever.  I don't need Microsoft for me to be able to do what I have to do here from home.  I can just as easy go out and get another computer, and it can be an Apple and Microsoft intake is Windows 8 and sit on it.  I refused to allow Microsoft to push me around.  I'm the customer.  And if Microsoft had put out and shut up and listen to the customer than where our consumer rights?

In all the businesses I ran and when I worked with my father in our business.  Our primary concern was always the customer.  What the customer wanted.  And were we giving the customer a good service.  Were we giving them a good product, were we giving them what they wanted.  But that's not how Microsoft thinks.  They make this big hoopla with this huge news conference like they're going to change the world and the very next day after they had their conference.  Google comes out with Nexus and basically beats Microsoft into the ground.

If this is the level of asinine ugly selfish self-serving behavior Microsoft wants to subscribe to.  I just want to see what their sales results will look like in February 2013.  Because I don't think they're going to have as much success with Windows 8 as they think they will.  Because I happen to believe that the consumer not only in the United States but around the world is a hell of a lot smarter than Microsoft gives them credit for.  And as I've said before, for every single company in the corporate sector that produces lesser quality of any product or service.  The level of quality of products and services throughout the entire corporate sector in the entire world suffers.  For every one of us to does not speak out against poor quality of product and services or the injustices that companies are treating us consumers with for every one of his that does not speak out the problem gets worse.

So I will be staying with Windows 7.  And if Microsoft wants to take on a tough attitude.  Let them try.  Because the only thing that will happen is I will walk away from their operating system and from their company and tell them to go to hell.  And I'll get a different computer with a different operating system and then Microsoft can sit on their operating system and rotate because I won't give a damn.  Because I never know allow them to push me around in my computer system.  Because it's my system.  I bought it as my system, which means it's my system to use its my system to build its my system to modify its my system to make work in my living environment and in my life.  Microsoft does not have the right to come into my home and tell me what I'm going to use on my computer system in order to get through my day.

And that day I allow Microsoft to come into my home and tell me how I'm going to live my life.  Like I said will be never.

And let's be perfectly clear.  I'm not angry.  I'm just very determined.

I do have thoughts on another subject.  But I'm in the middle of getting ready to reboot my machine since I just now installed Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 10.  So I will do the other Journal entry soon as I reboot my machine.

For those of you who are consumers of computer products in this world who are reading my Journal and who happen to agree with what I am saying, thank you very much.  For those of you who are reading this Journal entry and they're taking the side of Microsoft that it's perfectly okay for companies to come into people's homes and tell people how to live their lives.  You may want to reconsider that position.  And I substantiate that last remark with current market activity for the past 12 months internationally.  The consumers throughout the world are showing exactly how angry it set up they are with the money people always being more concerned with the money they are getting than the products and services they are making an offering.  Because if we consumers were really that stupid as the corporate sector would like to think we are.  Then there would not be as many lawsuits going on, all over the world against the corporate sector.

Thanks very much for listening.